These Air Fryer Chicken Thighs are sure to become your new favorite, weeknight recipe. They turn out nice and crispy and are great to serve with a side salad, roasted vegetables, or mashed potatoes.
Not to mention, they are super easy to make and require only 5 basic ingredients! A true, budget-friendly meal that will have dinner on your table in less than 45 minutes!
But the best part about this recipe is that the thighs required no breading to turn out crispy. With a simple homemade seasoning the skin will begin to bubble up and turn golden brown in color at the end of the cooking process.
So the next time that you are looking for a quick and easy, low-carb dinner recipe, be sure make these Chicken Thighs!
OTHER GREAT CHICKEN THIGH RECIPES
- Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
- Crock Pot Chicken & Noodles
- Chicken Paprikash
- Sheet Pan Chicken and Vegetables
- Instant Pot Cajun Chicken (aka. Drunken Chicken)
- Instant Pot Orange Honey Bourbon Chicken
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY CHICKEN THIGHS IN AN AIR FRYER
Bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
Salt & pepper
Dried Italian seasoning
The first step in making chicken thighs in the air fryer is to preheat it for at least 5 minutes. Although not all brands require preheating, it is important to do so for this recipe.
That is because when you put your chicken in the basket, you want the air fryer to already be nice and hot so the cooking process can begin immediately.
While the air fryer is preheating, trim any excess skin off of the chicken.Then add the thighs to a large resealable bag and set aside.
In a small bowl mix together the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning and smoked paprika. If you don’t have smoked paprika, you can use Hungarian or sweet paprika instead.
However, I highly suggest you purchase smoked paprika in the future. We use this spice in a lot of our recipes and it adds a ton of flavor to the dishes!
Once the seasonings has been combined add the mixture to the chicken and shake to coat the thighs.
After the air fryer has been preheated remove the basket and spray it with a high heat oil such as olive or avocado oil. Place the chicken thighs in the basket, skin side down, and cook for 12 minutes.
Then flip your chicken thighs over and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Continue to cook until the exterior is at the desired crispness level. For me, it took an additional 6 minutes in the air fryer to get the chicken thighs super crispy.
Check the internal temperature with a digital thermometer. The chicken is cooked when the internal thermometer reads 165°F (74°C).
Remove the chicken from the air fryer and let it rest a few minutes before serving.
SUGGESTED SIDE DISHES
- Amish Potato Salad
- Dill Pickle Potato Salad
- Zesty Italian Pasta Salad
- Garlic Butter Smashed Potatoes
- Garlic Green Beans
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Baked Beans
- Keto Cauliflower Casserole
OTHER AIR FRYER CHICKEN RECIPES
- Mini Chicken Sandwiches (copycat Chick-fil-A)
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders (gluten free option included)
- Chicken Kabobs
- Chicken Parmesan
- Homemade Chicken Nuggets
- Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Chicken Wings
- ‘Grilled’ Chicken Breast
- Chicken Chimichangas
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list located on the side and bottom of each recipe. You can also follow us on Facebook and Pinterest. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you.
- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat air fryer to 380°F (190°F) for 5 minutes. After pre-heating, spray with cooking spray.
- Trim any excess fat or skin off of the chicken thighs. Add the chicken thighs to a large resealable bag and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning and smoked paprika. Add the seasoning mixture to the chicken thigh bag and shake to coat.
- Once the air fryer has preheated, spray the basket with olive oil. Place the chicken thighs in the basket, skin side down, and cook for 12 minutes.
- Flip your chicken thighs over and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Continue to cook until the exterior is at the desired crispness level.
- Check the internal temperature with a digital thermometer. The chicken is cooked when the internal thermometer reads 165°F (74°C).
- Remove the chicken from the air fryer and let it rest a few minutes before serving.
Recipe provided by Make Your Meals
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 284Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 166mgSodium: 492mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 31g
Nutritional Information is to be used as a general guideline only . Nutritional calculations will vary from the types and brands of the products used.