This cauliflower casserole is not only delicious, but it has become one of our favorite, low-carb, Keto friendly side dishes.
Although I don’t necessarily follow a Keto diet, we try to somewhat limit our carbohydrate intake on a weekly basis.
For instance, if I eat a sandwich or have a Mexican Burrito Bowl filled with rice, the next day I will stick to a mainly protein and vegetables diet.
However, eating only vegetables as a side dish doesn’t appeal to everyone. And that includes some of my family members!
So I had to come up with a delicious low-carb recipe that the entire family would enjoy.
Keto Cauliflower Casserole
So I decided to take a spin on the traditional Loaded Potato Casserole and made a Keto Cauliflower Casserole instead! And here are the instructions on how to make this recipe.
First, start by cooking 6 strips of bacon. Once the bacon is nice and crispy, remove them from the pan to drain on paper towels. But be sure to save the bacon drippings!
Next, take a large head of cauliflower and cut it into bite size florets. Place the cauliflower in a 3 quart casserole dish. Now drizzle those bacon drippings over top of the cauliflower and season with salt and pepper.
Toss to coat the cauliflower and place in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.
While the cauliflower is baking, it is time to mix together the cream cheese and cheese. This is what is going to make your Keto Cauliflower Casserole taste amazing!
Once the cauliflower is fork tender, remove it from the oven and place dollops of the cream cheese/cheese mixture on top. Place the casserole back in the oven for 5 minutes.
Then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and continue to bake until it melts and begins to bubble.
Remove the Keto Cauliflower Casserole dish from the oven. When you are ready to serve garnish with sour cream, crumbled bacon pieces and green onions!
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list located in the middle of each recipe or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow us on Facebook and Pinterest. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 head cauliflower, large head cut into bite-size florets
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Slice the bacon into 1/2 inch strips then cook in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove from the heat and use a slotted spatula to move the bacon to a paper towel, keeping the bacon drippings in the skillet. Set aside.
- In a 3-quart casserole dish, add the cauliflower florets. Pour the bacon drippings over the cauliflower.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss the cauliflower to evenly coat.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the cauliflower becomes soft and begins to brown.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese and 1 cup of the shredded cheese until well combined. Using a spoons, drop mixture all over the cauliflower.
- Place back in the oven and continue to bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and return to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted.
- Drop small spoonfuls of sour cream on top and then garnish with green onions and cooked bacon pieces.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe provided by Make Your Meals
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 15gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 346mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 13g