This Apple Pie Dump Cake is one of the easiest and most delicious desserts that you will ever make.
It is a twist on our Pineapple Cherry Dump Cake, but instead of using pineapples and cherry pie filling, we use apple pie filling instead.
Besides the taste, the best part is that it takes seconds to prepare. All that is required is that you layer (or dump) the 4 ingredients into a baking dish and put it in the oven.
And in less than 1 hour, the most amazing dessert is ready to be served. Scoop it into a bowl and then top it with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and everyone will be begging for more!
Apple Pie Dump Cake Recipe
- Apple Pie Filling – This recipe calls for 2 standard cans of apple pie filling. They are typically found in the baking aisle at your local grocery store. However, you may also find frozen apple pie filling at small town markets. Although, if you are lucky enough to have apple trees or a local orchard near by, you can make your own Freezer Apple Pie Filling instead!
- Yellow Cake Mix – Any standard yellow cake mix can be used for this apple dump cake recipe. Therefore, there is no need to purchase a brand name variety. Generic cake mix will work just as well.
- Unsalted Butter – I always recommend using unsalted butter in recipes. Most dessert recipes don’t need the added salt anyway.
- Apple Pie Spice or Cinnamon – Although I like the flavor of apple pie spice, most people don’t typically have it in their spice cabinet. Instead, use cinnamon to add a classic flavor to your apple dessert.
The first step in making Apple Pie Dump cake is to preheat the oven and spray a 9×13 pan with non-stick spray.
Next, open the cans of the apple pie filling and pour them into the prepared baking pan. Be sure to smooth it out to evenly cover the bottom of the baking dish.
Then slowly sprinkle the dry yellow cake mix over the top of the apple pie filling. Be sure to coat all areas to cover the apples.
Now melt the butter and drizzle it over top the cake mix. Again, try to cover as much surface area as possible with the melted butter.
Finally, evenly sprinkle the apple pie spice or cinnamon over the top of the mixture.
Now place the baking dish into the preheated oven and bake until the top of the cake is browned and the sides are bubbly. This will take approximately 40-45 minutes.
Once the Apple Pie Dump Cake is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes to set. When you are ready to serve, scoop out a section of the dump cake in a bowl or shallow dish.
Then top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream if desired.
*This dessert can be served warm or at room temperature. Store covered at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
Other Easy Desserts
- Easy Peach Cobbler
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- Pineapple Cherry Dump Cake
- Easy S’mores Bars
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
- Grandma’s Apple Crisp
- Quick & Easy Toffee Bars
- S’mores Rice Krispies Treats
Other Apple Inspired Recipes
- Air Fryer Apple Fritters
- Traditional Apple Pie
- Grandma’s Apple Crisp
- Apple Coffee Cake
- Instant Pot Apple Butter
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter
- Apple Hand Pies
- Muffin Tin Apple Pies
- Instant Pot Apple Crisp
- Apple Cider Donuts
- Slow Cooker Cinnamon Applesauce
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list located in the middle of each recipe or email me at email@example.com. You can also follow us on Facebook and Pinterest. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you.
- 2 (21 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray.
Put apple pie filling into the pan and cover the bottom evenly.
Sprinkle dry cake mix over the top of the apple pie filling and drizzle the melted butter over top the cake mix. Cover the top evenly with apple pie spice.
Add pan to the preheated oven and bake for about 40-45 minutes or until the top of the cake is browned.
Let cool for a few minutes and scoop out the dump cake and serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
Recipe provided by Make Your Meals