When I made these Air Fryer Pizza Bombs, my husband asked me to never make them again. However, it wasn’t because that he disliked them.
In fact, it was just the opposite! He literally couldn’t resist them and ate, what I will call, ‘more than enough’ to let me know that he LOVED them!
They are very similar to my Air Fryer Breakfast Bombs, which is one of my most popular recipes. However, instead of being filled with classic breakfast ingredients, they are made with pizza toppings instead.
Little balls of biscuit dough filled with marinara sauce, pepperoni and cheese. Then they are topped with a garlic buttery spread and cooked in the air fryer for a delicious snack or appetizer that everyone will love!
Air Fryer Pizza Bombs Recipe
Can of biscuit dough, 8 full size biscuits
Mozzarella or Colby Jack cubes
Salt and pepper to taste
Dried Italian seasoning
The first step in making Air Fryer Pizza Bombs is to preheat the air fryer. Then line the air fryer basket with parchment paper and spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
If you do not have air fryer parchment paper that have vent holes in the bottom of it, simply make your own. Take a sharp knife or a pair of kitchen scissors to make small slits in the bottom of the parchment paper.
Then cut the paper to the size of your air fryer basket and set it aside.
Now open the tube of your biscuits and separate them into individual sections. Then using kitchen scissors or a sharp knife, cut each biscuit in half.
Roll The Dough
Working one at a time, roll each cut biscuit piece into a ball. Then press each ball into a flat circle with the palm of your hand.
Lift the biscuit dough off of the cutting board, or working surface and flip over. Then place 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon of marinara sauce in the center of each dough circle.
Be sure that you leave at least a 1/2 inch edge around the perimeter of the biscuit dough so that the ingredients do not come out when baked.
Next, top the sauce with 1 piece of pepperoni and 1 cube of cheese.
Fold The Dough
Then carefully bring the edges of the dough up and over the center of the ingredients and pinch together. Continue to bring all ends up and seal them, being sure to leave no gaps for the filling to leak out.
When the pizza bombs are formed, place them, seam side down, in the prepared air fryer basket. Set them aside while you make the sauce.
Make The Sauce
Make the sauce by combining the melted butter, garlic, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning in a small bowl and mix until well combined.
Then use a silicone pastry brush to liberally apply the butter mixture on the top and down the sides of each ball.
Next, place the air fryer basket in the air fryer and cook the pizza bombs for 15-20 minutes. Remove them from the oven once the dough has turned golden brown and the biscuits have cooked through.
*The cooking time will vary on the brand and type of the air fryer that you have. Begin to closely monitor them beginning at the 13 minute mark.
Once cooked, carefully remove them from the air fryer and let them sit for a couple of minutes before serving.
Serve warm with marinara sauce for dipping.
Other Delicious Air Fryer Appetizers or Snack Recipes
If you are looking for other delicious air fryer recipes, be sure to check out my Air Fryer Recipe Category under the Recipes tab at the top of the page.
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Margherita Flatbread Pizza
- English Muffin Pizzas
- Frozen Corn Dogs
- Jalapeno Popper Bites
- French Bread Pizza
- Pizza Sticks
- Jalapeno Poppers
- Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Fried Pickles
- Potato Chips
- Bang Bang Shrimp
- Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- Tater Tots
*Don’t forget to download my Air Fryer Cheat Sheet Guide to help you adapt some of your favorite recipes so that they can be cooked in an air fryer too!
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list located in the middle of each recipe or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow us on Facebook and Pinterest. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you.
- 1 can of biscuit dough, 8 full biscuits
- 8 teaspoons Marinara sauce, plus more for dipping
- 16 slices pepperoni
- 16 cheese cubes, Mozzarella or Colby Jack
- 3 TBSP. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F (177°C). Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut each biscuit in half. Then roll each cut piece into a ball and then press each ball into a flat circle with the palm of your hand.
- Place 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon marinara sauce in the center of each dough circle. Then top with 1 pepperoni, and 1 cube of cheese.
- Bring the edges up and over and pinch together. Continue to bring all ends up and seal them, being sure to leave no gaps for the filling to leak out. Place the balls, seam side down in the prepared air fryer basket.
- Combine the melted butter, garlic, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning in a small bowl and mix until well combined.
- Brush the butter mixture onto the top of each pizza bomb.
- Place in the air fryer and cook for 15-20 minutes, until the bombs have turned golden brown and the biscuits have cooked through.
- Serve warm with marinara sauce for dipping.
Recipe provided by Make Your Meals
Serving Size:1 pizza bomb
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 176Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 336mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g
Nutritional Information is to be used as a general guideline only . Nutritional calculations will vary from the types and brands of the products used.