One of my favorite ways to make Buffalo Chicken Wings is in the Air Fryer. The exterior of the wings turn out nice and crisp and gives you that desired crunch when you take a bite. And the meat is always nice and juicy on the inside.
Then when they are tossed in a homemade Buffalo Wing Sauce you can bet that the entire family will be begging for more!
Over the years, I have made Chicken Wings several different ways, including in my deep fryer. But we all know that deep fried foods aren’t the healthiest of options.
But one of my favorite ways to make Buffalo Chicken Wings is in our Air Fryer. It takes little time to preheat our Air Fryer and the they turn out perfect every time!
How To Make Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings
Although you can cook your wings right out of the package, we have learned a few tricks to make them taste even better.
First, pat the wings dry with a paper towel. If the wings have tips on them, remove and discard. They take up too much room and have basically no meat on them.
Next, place the wings in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the baking powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and a little paprika to the bag.
Now shake the bag to coat the chicken wings and let them sit for a few minutes before putting them in the air fryer.
Spray or brush the basket/racks of your Air Fryer with a high heat oil. Do NOT skip this step! Otherwise the coating on the wings will stick to the cooking surface.
If your Air Fryer requires preheating, do so at 400°F. Then cook the wings for a total of 20 minutes, flipping them half way through the cooking process.
Meanwhile, make the homemade Buffalo Sauce. Melt the butter in a small bowl and then mix in the hot sauce. We prefer Frank’s Hot Sauce but any variety will work.
Then place the cooked Air Fryer chicken wings in a large bowl and pour the Buffalo sauce on top. Toss to coat.
The sauce will continue to penetrate into the skin while they rest.
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list located on the side and bottom of each recipe. You can also follow us on Facebook, and Pinterest. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you.
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs. thawed chicken wings
- 1/2 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Paprika
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup hot sauce such as Frank’s RedHot
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing
- Carrots and/or celery sticks
- Dry chicken wings with a paper towel and remove any tips and discard. Add the chicken wings to a zip-lock bag with baking powder and other spices. Close the bag and toss everything together until the wings are coated.
- Spray the metal rack (or basket) insert with cooking spray and arrange the chicken wings in a single layer. Set Air Fryer to 400°F, and cook for 20 minutes, flipping half way through.
- While the wings are cooking, warm the butter in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave until melted, about 1 minute. Whisk in the hot sauce and set aside.
- Once the cook time for the wings has expired check the internal temperature to be sure that it has reached 165°F.
- Remove them from the air fryer and allow them to rest for 5 minutes.
- Place the cooked wings in a large bowl and pour the sauce over top. Toss the bowl until the wing are completely coated. Or brush the wing sauce on each side of the wings using a pastry brush.
- Serve with Ranch or Blue cheese dressing, carrots and/or celery sticks.