One of my favorite cookies of all time are Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies. Creamy peanut butter cookies topped with a milk chocolate Hershey Kiss candy.
Who can resist the flavors of peanut butter and chocolate? As much as I love our No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter cookies, I would have to say these cookies are just as delicious.
And as quick as they fly out of the cookie jar, I would have to guess they are a family favorite as well!
How To Make Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
The first thing that you will do to make these cookies is to cream together the butter and sugars. Just like most cookies recipes, it is important that your butter be at room temperature before you begin.
Place the softened butter in the bowl of a stand mixer and add both the white and brown sugar. Beat until the mixture is light and creamy.
As a novice baker, I never gave enough time to allow the mixture to truly come together. It typically takes 3-4 minutes on medium-high speed for my mixer to make the butter and cream turn light and fluffy. Don’t rush things!
Next, add the egg. If you have access to Farm Fresh Eggs, please use one! The difference in how the cookies bake is amazing! However, they will still be delicious with store bought eggs as well.
It is now also time to add the creamy peanut butter to make your Blossom Cookies. We use a push measuring cup to make measuring and adding the peanut butter a breeze.
We bought ours from Pampered Chef many years ago, and it is an invaluable kitchen tool. If you don’t have access to a Pampered Chef consultant, you can buy an OXO Push Measuring Cup from Amazon.
Once you have your wet ingredients prepared, it is time to let the mixture sit and prepare the dry ingredients.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Then slowly add this mixture to the wet ingredients and beat until incorporated.
Form The Dough Balls
Using a medium size cookie scoop, place a scoop of dough in the palm of your hands. Roll the dough into a one inch ball. Then set aside and repeat with the remaining dough.
Once all of the dough balls are ready, it is time to roll them in sugar. Although this step isn’t 100% necessary, it adds a great touch to your Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies.
Then place each sugar coated ball on a baking sheet. You can choose to use parchment paper for easy clean up if you prefer.
Bake in a preheated oven until the edges start to turn a light golden brown, approximately 9-11 minutes.
Now remove the baking sheet from the oven and immediately press an unwrapped Hershey Kiss candy in the center of each cookie! Just like when you make the Holiday Pretzel Treats, it is helpful to have someone help you unwrap the candies.
Then let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. Repeat with the remaining dough.
Let the Peanut Butter Blossom cookies completely cool until the chocolate candy hardens. Then store in an air-tight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
Can The Cookie Be Frozen?
Yes, these cookies can be frozen. Simply place them in an air-tight container and use wax paper between the layers if you stack them.
We freeze them all the time and whenever we need a sweet treat, we pull one out of the freezer and let it thaw for a few minutes. It is also a great way to have a quick and easy dessert on hand whenever you need one!
Some of our Other Favorite Cookie Recipes
- Thumbprint Jam Cookies
- Cut-Out Cookies
- Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Nut Clusters
- Hot Cocoa Cookies
- Candy Corn Cookies
- Easy Pumpkin Cookies
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list located on the side and bottom of each recipe. You can also follow us on Facebook and Pinterest. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 36 Hershey's Kisses
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, beat 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar and butter together together until creamy.
- Mix in the egg and peanut butter until well blended.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the sugar and butter mixture and continue to mix until the dough forms.
- Using a cookie scoop shape dough into 1-inch balls. Then roll each ball in remaining granulated sugar.
- Place dough balls on ungreased baking sheets, placed about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Immediately press 1 unwrapped Hershey Kiss in center of each cookie. Let sit 3-4 minutes before removing the cookies from the baking sheets to a cooling rack.
- Let the cookies cool completely so that the chocolate kiss hardens. Store in an air tight container.
Recipe provided by Make Your Meals
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 94Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 55mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g