This year, let your slow cooker do the work and make these delicious Chocolate Nut Clusters.
I absolutely love to bake Christmas cookies, but there is so much down time waiting for the cookies to get done in the oven.
So during those down times, I find other recipes that I can make without using the oven.
For instance, will use the stove top to make our famous No-Bake Cookies. And then we pull out our slow cooker to make these Chocolate Nut Clusters.
How to Make Slow Cooker Chocolate Nut Clusters
Chocolate nut clusters are basically a variety of nuts coated with chocolate and formed together to make a ‘cookie’.
And yes, you could make this recipe on the stove, but that requires you to stand over a double-broiler, melting chocolate to the perfect consistency.
Therefore, I prefer to throw all the ingredients into our 6 quart programmable Crock Pot and let it do the work!
The best chocolate nut clusters are made from mixing dry roasted peanuts with salted cashews and pecan pieces.
However, if you have a strong dislike or an allergy to one of the variety of nuts listed, feel free to replace it with a different nut.
Then place the nuts, chocolate, and shortening into your slow cooker and cook on low for 2 hours.
Because all slow cookers cook at a different rate, begin checking your mixture after the first hour. You want to make sure that the chocolate doesn’t get too hot and begins to burn.
Once the chocolate has completely melted, stir the mixture and mix in the vanilla.
Then scoop out the mixture using a medium cookie scoop and place individual piles on parchment or wax paper.
It will take about 2 hours for the chocolate nut clusters to form and set.
Then store in an air-tight container.
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list located on the side and bottom of each recipe. You can also follow us on Facebook and Pinterest. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you.
- 1 16- ounce jar dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 8- ounce can salted whole cashews
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 18 2- ounce chocolate bark coating squares, cut in half
- 1 12- ounce package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 4 1- ounce bittersweet chocolate baking squares, broken into pieces
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker; cover and cook on LOW for 2 hours or until chocolate is melted.
- Stir chocolate and nuts; add vanilla, stirring well to coat.
- Drop candy by heaping teaspoonfuls onto parchment (or wax) paper.
- Let stand at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Store in an airtight container.
Recipe provided by Make Your Meals
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g