This time of the year I love to make anything that is made with apples, including Air Fryer Apple Fries.
Right now the orchards are overflowing with a variety of ripe apples and I can never resist bringing a bag (or two) home with me.
Warm apple wedges covered with a crispy graham cracker and sugar coating. Then they are served with warm caramel sauce for dipping. An absolutely delicious snack for all to enioy!
Air Fryer Apple Fries
Gala apples, or any firm but sweet apple
Graham cracker crumbs
Caramel Sauce, for dipping
Start by lining a large platter or baking sheet with wax paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
This will become the place where the prepared apple fries rest before they get put in the air fryer.
Now prepare a dredging station by placing the flour into a medium size, shallow bowl and set aside.
Then beat the eggs, and pour into another shallow dish and set aside.
Next, crush the graham crackers into fine crumbs. This is easiest done by using a large capacity food processor.
However, you can also place the graham crackers, broken into the segmented sections, in a large resealable plastic bag. Then use a rolling pin or mallet and crush them until they turn into fine crumbs.
Finally, in another shallow dish, add the crushed graham crackers and sugar and stir to mix, set aside.
Prepare The Apples
Now it is time to prepare the apples. Peel, core, then cut the apples into 8 wedges.
If you have an apple corer/wedger that makes 8 slices you can use that to make your air fryer apple fries. However, be sure to peel the apple first.
Once you have your apples ready, it is time to prepare the dredging station.
First, place your flour, beaten egg, and the graham cracker and sugar mixture side by side in that order.
Then working one at a time, place an apple wedge in the flour and coat all sides. Be sure to shake off any excess flour.
Next dredge the apple in the beaten eggs, coating the entire apple wedge.
Finally roll the apple piece in the crushed graham cracker and sugar mixture. Lightly press the coating onto the apple so that it sticks.
When the apple wedge is coated all over, place it on the prepared platter or baking sheet. Now repeat the process until all the apple fries are coated.
When you are ready to cook the apple fries, preheat the air fryer. Do this step even if your air fryer brand does not typically require preheating.
Then coat the bottom of the air fryer basket with a high heat oil such as olive or grapeseed oil.
Both the preheating and the coating of the oil on the basket will help prevent the apples from sticking to the surface. However, it will also help the breading from coming off as well.
When the air fryer is ready, lightly spray the apple pieces with oil on all sides, and place them in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Be sure to leave a little space between each one so that they cook evenly.
Depending on the size of your basket, you make need to work in batches if needed. Set the cook timer for 5 minutes.
Then use silicone tongs to turn the apple wedges over. Continue to cook for another 2 minutes or until the coating turns light brown.
Remove the apple fries from the air fryer and repeat to cook any remaining apples.
Before serving, heat the caramel sauce until warm and serve with the apple fries.
*For an easy, 1 ingredient caramel recipe, be sure to check out my Instant Pot Caramel recipe.
Other Favorite Apple Recipes
- Grandma’s Apple Crisp
- Classic Apple Pie
- Apple Hand Pies
- Muffin Tin Apple Pies
- Air Fryer Apple Fritters
- Glazed Apple Coffee Cake
- Slow Cooker Cinnamon Applesauce
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter
- Instant Pot Apple Sauce
- Instant Pot Apple Crisp
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list located on the side and bottom of each recipe. You can also follow us on Facebook and Pinterest. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you.
- 3 large Gala apples
- 1 cup flour
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Caramel Sauce, for dipping
- Preheat air fryer to 380°F (193°C)
- Line a tray or baking sheet with wax paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Add the flour into a medium size bowl, set aside.
- Beat the eggs, and pour into a shallow dish, set aside.
- In another shallow dish add the crushed graham crackers and sugar and stir to mix, set aside.
- Peel, core, then cut the apples into 8 wedges.
- Working one at a time, place an apple wedge in the flour and coat all sides. Shake off any excess.
- Next dredge the apple in the beaten eggs.
- Finally roll the apple pieces in the sugar/crushed graham cracker mixture.
- Put each prepared apple pieces on the prepped cookie sheet until ready to air fry.
- Coat the bottom of the air fryer basket with oil.
- Spray the apple pieces with oil and place them in a single layer in the air fryer basket, working in batches if needed. Air fry at 380°F (193°C) for 5 minutes then turn the apple wedges over and cook for another 2 minutes or until light brown.
- Heat until the caramel sauce until warmed and serve with the apple fries.
Recipe provided by Make Your Meals
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 3gSugar: 20gProtein: 5g
Nutritional Information is to be used as a general guideline only . Nutritional calculations will vary from the types and brands of the products used.