If you are looking for a quick and easy dinner idea that tastes absolutely fantastic, then you are going to love this Cajun Butter Chicken Breast recipe.
This recipe was developed out of pure necessity. You see, I was vacationing in Louisiana and fell in love with Cajun seasoning.
Of course we had our share of gumbo, jambalaya, and crawfish étouffée. However, we decided that we should try and cook a few meals ourselves as well.
So we picked up a few thin chicken breasts and decided that we would grill out.
However when it was close to dinner time, the skies opened up and the rain and storms began to roll in.
So we went to plan B. We decided to make the Chicken Breast on the stove using Cajun seasoning and butter.
Cajun Butter Chicken Breast Recipe
And this recipe couldn’t be easier to make! It literally takes 15 minutes, from start to finish!
The key here is to use thin chicken breasts. You can purchase thin filets in the grocery store.
However, if you only have thick chicken breasts, you can slice them parallel to your cutting board to make two thin filets.
Then pick out your favorite Cajun Seasoning, like Slap Ya Mama brand. In a large resealable plastic bag add your chicken breasts and cajun seasoning, along with a little oil.
Shake, rub and coat the seasoning all over each chicken breast.
Next, in a large skillet add olive oil and butter and heat until the butter is melted.
Carefully add the cajun coated chicken breasts to the oil and butter. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until the chicken breasts are cooked through.
Remove them from the pan and set aside to rest. However, you aren’t quite finished yet. It is time to make the Cajun butter sauce to drizzle on top of your chicken breasts.
Cajun Butter Sauce
In order to make the sauce, add the butter, garlic and chicken broth. Stir and heat until the sauce reduces, about 2-3 minutes.
Next, add the chicken back into the pan with the sauce. Flip the chicken breasts over to coat the top side as well.
When you are ready to serve, place the chicken on a platter and drizzle the sauce over the top.
Other Favorite Chicken Breast Recipes:
Side Dish Suggestions:
- Air Fryer Macaroni and Cheese
- Instant Pot Garlic Green Beans
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Cold Ramen Noodle Salad
Check out the printable recipe below and let me know what you think!
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list located on the side and bottom of each recipe. You can also follow us on Facebook, and Pinterest. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you.
- 4 thin chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 teaspoons Cajun Seasoning, low sodium
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted
- 4 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- In a large resealable plastic bag, add the chicken breast, cajun seasoning and 1/2 tablespoon of oil. Seal the bag and toss to evenly coat the chicken with the seasoning.
- In a large skillet, add the remaining oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot and the butter is melted, sear the chicken in batches for 5-7 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove the chicken breast from the pan, set aside and let rest.
- Reduce the heat to medium and melt remaining butter in the pan.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds, scraping off any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Pour in the broth and heat and let reduce for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the chicken back in the skillet and toss in the sauce.
- Serve warm by placing the chicken on a platter and drizzling the sauce on top.
Recipe provided by Make Your Meals
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g