Instant Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta is a great recipe to serve on Fat Tuesday!
Not only do you do you get all the Cajun flavors that are commonly found in New Orleans, but you get to splurge one last time by eating pasta on Fat Tuesday.
So instead, I prefer eat a pasta dish filled with Cajun seasoned chicken and tossed in a flavorful, creamy sauce.
And what better way to make it than in my Instant Pot 6 quart Duo?
Instant Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta
This recipe is extremely easy to make, and is ready to eat in under 30 minutes.
The first step is to slice your chicken breasts into thin strips. This is necessary because you will be cooking your chicken at the same time as your pasta.
Next, using your favorite Cajun Seasoning, like Slap Ya Mama, coat the chicken breasts. We prefer to do this in a resealable plastic bag.
Just dump the chicken and seasoning in, and toss and rub to coat each piece of chicken.
Then turn your Instant Pot on the saute mode. Once the display reads HOT, add the butter. Once the butter is melted, brown your Cajun chicken pieces.
When all sides are browned, remove the chicken from the pot, and saute the onions.
Next, add the stock and seasonings to the pot. It is important that you deglaze the bottom by scraping up any browned bits that stuck.
Then add the chicken back in, along with the sun-dried tomatoes and pasta.
DO NOT STIR THE PASTA!!!
You want the pasta at the top of the mixture. If you stir it in, it is likely to cause the BURN notice.
Simply put the pasta on top in a criss-cross pattern and lightly pat it down so that the majority of the pasta is just under the liquid.
Now it is time to cook your Instant Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta!
Lock the lid in place and move the valve to the SEALING position.
Pressure Cook/Manual on HIGH pressure for 5 minutes. Remember, just like all Instant Pot recipes, Cajun Chicken Pasta will require additional time to come to pressure before the cooking timer will begin.
Once the cook time is up, slowly and carefully move the valve to the VENTING position to release the pressure.
When the pin drops, remove the lid. Next, place the Instant Pot on the SAUTE mode and stir in the heavy whipping cream.
Stir constantly until the desired thickness has been reached and then push CANCEL.
Serve immediately and top with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
There you go! Instant Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe perfect for Fat Tuesday or any time a comfort meal is needed!
Check out the printable recipe below and let me know what you think!
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list located on the side and bottom of each recipe. You can also follow us on Facebook and Pinterest. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 4 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 3 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 pound linguine
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in resealable plastic bag and toss to coat.
- Turn the Instant Pot on Saute Mode. Once the display reads HOT, add the butter. When the butter melts brown the chicken on all sides. Remove the chicken and slice into thin strips.
- Add the onion to the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, basil and chicken stock. Continue to saute just until you deglaze the bottom of the pot by removing any stuck bits. Turn off Instant Pot by pressing Cancel.
- Put the chicken back into pot along with the sun-dried tomatoes. Place Pasta on top and do not stir. Press the pasta down into the liquid as much as possible.
- Pressure cook for 5 minutes. Once the time expires, slowly move the valve to the venting position to release the steam.
- Remove the lid, and place the Instant Pot on the Saute mode and stir in the heavy whipping cream. Stir constantly until the desired thickness has been reached.
- Serve immediately and garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Recipe provided by Make Your Meals
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g