If you have ever had Applebee’s Fiesta Lime Chicken, you are going to love our Instant Pot copycat recipe!
Many years ago, this famous chicken dish was called Tequila Lime Chicken.
Although the name changed over recent years, it is just as delicious as the original dish.
So when I was looking for a flavorful chicken recipe to make in the Instant Pot, this dish came to my mind.
We have made some amazing chicken breast dishes in our 6 quart Instant Pot Duo. Two of our favorite recipes are Cajun Chicken and Tuscan Chicken.
However, this time we were looking for something a little lighter on the palate.
And since it was ‘Taco Tuesday”, we decided to make Fiesta Lime Chicken.
How To Make Instant Pot Fiesta Lime Chicken
Of course, this recipe starts out with skinless, boneless chicken breasts. You will want them to be on the thin to medium thickness level.
If you buy your chicken in the large, family size packages, the meat is fairly thick. But don’t worry. You can slice the chicken in half so you end up with two thin chicken breasts.
Next, we always recommend marinading the chicken before cooking. This will ensure that you end up with moist and tender cooked chicken.
However, I have to be honest and tell you that I have made this recipe without soaking the chicken in the marinade. And yes, it still tasted delicious.
While the chicken is marinating, prepare you Mexican Ranch Dressing and the Pico de Gallo. Although you can buy pre-made pico, I would definitely recommend making your own Mexican Ranch.
It is super easy to make, and the fresh flavor is outstanding!
When you are ready to make your recipe, add the chicken and marinade into the liner of the Instant Pot (or any electric pressure cooker).
Pressure Cook on HIGH pressure, with the valve in the sealing position, for 10 minutes.
Once the cook time has expired, allow the pot to sit and Natural Pressure Release for an additional 10 minutes.
Release any remaining pressure and remove the lid. Turn the Instant Pot off by pressing Cancel.
Add The Toppings
Next, add the Mexican Ranch Dressing to the top of each chicken breast. Then top with the shredded cheese.
Replace the lid and allow the cheese to melt.
Carefully remove the chicken and top each piece with the Pico de Gallo salsa.
There you have it! Instant Pot Fiesta Lime Chicken. Another delicious chicken breast recipe!
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list located in the middle of each recipe or email me at email@example.com. You can also follow us on Facebook and Pinterest. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you.
Instant Pot Fiesta Lime Chicken Recipe
Moist and juicy, marinated chicken breasts cooked in the Instant Pot and then topped with Mexican ranch, cheese and pico de gallo. A makeover, copycat recipe from Applebee's.
- 4 chicken breasts, thin to medium thickness
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 TBSP lime juice
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- 1/2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup Colby Jack Cheese
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 TBSP lime juice
- 2 TBSP cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
PICO DE GALLO
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 2 TBSP onion, finely chopped
- 1 TBSP lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP chopped cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- In a resealable plastic bag combine the water, lime juice, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, cumin, and pepper. Add the chicken and refrigerate overnight.
- Combine all the ingredients for the Mexican ranch and mix until smooth. Refrigerate overnight.
- To prepare the pico de gallo toss all of the ingredients together in a bowl. Refrigerate overnight.
- Place chicken and marinade sauce in the liner of the Instant Pot.
- Lock the lid and place the valve in the SEALING position. Pressure cook/Manual on HIGH pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once the cook time has expire, allow the pot to Natural Pressure Release for 10 minutes. Then release any remaining pressure by moving the valve to the VENTING position. Carefully remove the lid.
- Top each piece of chicken with a spoonful of the ranch and sprinkle evenly with the cheese. Cover with the lid and allow the heat to melt the cheese.
- Once the cheese has melted remove the chicken and serve topped with pico de gallo.
*As with all pressure cooker recipes, additional time will be required for the pot to come to pressure.
Recipe provided by Make Your Meals
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g