With the colder weather among us, it is time to pull out our favorite soup recipes, including this Instant Pot White Chicken Chili!
This soup is full of hearty white beans, corn, and tender, shredded chicken all nestled together in a thick and creamy broth. And as much as I love our Classic Beef Chili Recipe that we make in the Instant Pot, there are just times that you want something a little bit different.
However, you might find that this chili may become your new favorite! It is not only easy to make, but it also freezes well.
So every time that we make it in our 6 quart Instant Pot Duo or even when I make Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili, I always freeze the leftovers. This allows me to have a quick and easy meal whenever I need one!
Here are some of our other favorite Instant Pot Soup Recipes:
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Minestrone Soup
- Loaded Potato Soup
- Healthy Chicken Soup
- Low-Carb Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Tomato Soup
- Vegetable Beef Soup
- Potato Leek Soup
- French Onion Soup
Instant Pot White Chicken Chili Recipe
This recipe has been tested as written in both our 6 and 8 quart Instant Pots. We have also made half of this recipe in our 3 quart Instant Pot when it is just two of us eating dinner.
But regardless of which size pressure cooker you use, the process remains the same. First, turn your pot on the SAUTE mode and add the oil.
Once the front display reads HOT, add the diced onion and saute for a few minutes. Then add in the garlic and diced jalapeños and saute with the onions for an additional minute.
Now press CANCEL. Add the White Chicken Chili spices to the liner of the Instant Pot and stir.
Next, add in the rinsed and drained beans, green chiles, corn, chicken broth and cilantro and stir to combine.
Then carefully place the chicken breasts on top of the liquid. Use your fingers to nestle the chicken breasts down into the liquid. However, it doesn’t need to be completely submerged.
Pressure Cooking Instructions
Lock the lid in place and move the valve to the SEALING position. Press Manual or Pressure Cook and set the time to 15 minutes.
*Remember, with all pressure cooking recipes, additional time is required for the pot to come to pressure before the cook time will start.
Once the cook time has expired, allow the Instant Pot White Chicken Chili to Natural Pressure Release for 10 minutes before you open you the lid.
Then release any remaining pressure and carefully remove the chicken breasts to a plate or cutting board. Now shred the chicken with two forks.
Place the chicken back into the pot and stir in the cream cheese and heavy cream. Serve warm with desired toppings.
Suggested Toppings: shredded cheese sour cream, diced jalapeños, avocado slices, cilantro and/or tortilla strips. Enjoy!
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list located in the middle of each recipe or email me at email@example.com. You can also follow us on Facebook and Pinterest. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you.
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion , diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 15 oz great Northern beans, cans, drained and rinsed
- 1 7 oz diced green chiles
- 1 15 oz sweet corn drained
- 1 lb chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 3 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Suggested Toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, diced jalapeños, avocado slices, cilantro and/or tortilla strips.
- Turn Instant Pot on Saute mode. Add the oil and once the display reads HOT, add the diced onions. Saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and jalapeno peppers and continue to saute for 1 minute. Press Cancel
- Add the salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and cayenne pepper and stir.
- Add great Northern beans, green chiles, corn, chicken broth and cilantro and stir to combine.
- Place chicken breasts on top of the mixture.
- Lock the lid in place and Pressure Cook/Manual on HIGH pressure for 15 minutes.
- Once the cook time is up, allow the pot to Natural Pressure Release for 10 minutes. Then carefully release any remaining pressure by moving the valve to VENTING.
- Remove the lid and remove the chicken breasts to a large plate or cutting board. Shred the chicken with two forks and return the meat to the Instant Pot.
- Stir in the cream cheese and heavy cream until melted and mixed well.
- Top with additional cheese, sour cream, diced jalapeños, avocado slices, cilantro and/or tortilla strips.
Recipe provided by Make Your Meals
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 96Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 405mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 9g