This is absolutely the BEST Instant Pot Chili recipe out there.
Well, that is if you like a thicker chili that is filled with beef and beans that are flavored in a fantastic sauce. However, if you are looking for an Authentic Texas Chili recipe with no beans and no tomatoes here is our Favorite Texas Chili Recipe.
When I think of chili, I think of a thick and hearty meal. One that can stand on it’s own and that can be considered a stand alone dish.
Yes, of course, I like to eat a Reuben sandwich with a bowl of chili. And if you give me a grilled cheese sandwich with my chili, you bet I am going to dip it in the remaining sauce in the bottom of the bowl.
However, there are many times, that I simply want a bowl of chili. And by that I mean a thick and hearty bowl filled with beef, beans, veggies and that is all.
And although a little cheese, sour cream and diced jalapenos may add some additional flavor, it certainly is not necessary to make this Instant Pot Chili a complete meal.
The BEST Instant Pot Chili Recipe
So what does it take to make the BEST Instant Pot Chili recipe?
The answer is simple. It not only takes the right blend of ingredients. It also most include the best and most flavorful blend of spices that are married in your Instant Pot.
First of all, any good chili recipe starts with a combination of beef and chili.
Some people prefer chunks of steak in their chili. However, I prefer the easier to eat, ground beef in my chili.
And when it comes to beans, it is best to use a combination rather than just seasoned chili kidney beans. Add in a little pinto beans to add a different taste and texture to your chili.
This helps keep the chili filled with a variety of flavors that makes you coming back for more.
And speaking of variety, you are going to love the spices that makes this chili the BEST Instant Pot Chili around!
What Spices To Use?
So what is the best way to season your Chili? Obviously chili powder is used in almost every chili recipe.
But there are two other ingredients in this Instant Pot Chili recipe that makes it the BEST Chili recipe around.
First of all, you must use cumin. Most store bought chili powder has cumin already as an ingredient. However, when you add more cumin to you chili, the flavors simply brighten and shine through in every bite!
But the most surprising ingredient is Cocoa Powder. Almost every chili cook off winner has included cocoa powder in their recipe.
The cocoa powder provides another layer of flavor that makes the sauce of the chili taste richer.
It balances out the heat of the chili powder perfectly!
Finally, if you like things spicy, be sure to add a heat source that won’t change the flavor of your dish.
Cayenne pepper is usually the powder of choice when you are looking to heat up your chili without altering the taste.
But because not everyone likes it hot, it is best to add it to your own specific bowl once served.
And if you are feeling the need to add a few fresh ingredients, top your bowl of chili off with diced onion, sour cream, jalapenos, crackers and/or cheese.
Whatever you do, I am sure that you will agree that this is truly the BEST Instant Pot Chili Recipe out there!
Check out the printable recipe below and let me know what you think!
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. This article may contain affiliate links.
The Best Instant Pot Chili Recipe
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 pounds ground beef 90/10 preferred
- 1 onion finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 24 ounces tomato sauce
- 15 ounces canned kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces canned pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Turn your Instant Pot to the Sauté More setting.
- Once the display reads HOT add the olive oil to the pot. Add the meat and cook until browned.
- Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to sauté for one additional minute. Press Cancel/Off
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and stir.
- Lock the lid in place and turn the valve to the Sealing position. Turn the Instant Pot to the Chili/Beans setting or Pressure Cook/Manual on HIGH pressure for 20 minutes.
- After the cooking time expires, perform a slow and controlled quick release of pressure to prevent liquid from coming out of the valve. Or allow the pot to perform a Natural Pressure Release.
- Serve in bowls and add additional toppings as desired.
Recipe provided by Make Your Meals