Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup is a heart warming recipe that is perfect for any day of the year!
A delicious soup filled with a variety of vegetables and chunks of beef that is a meal in itself.
And it couldn’t be easier to make! In fact, instead of making the original recipe in our 6 quart Instant Pot, sometimes we will pull out our 8 quart Instant Pot Duo and make a double batch!
This way we can enjoy the hearty soup and have leftovers for later. We will either eat the leftovers over the next few days, or freeze it for a quick meal in the future.
Vegetable Beef Soup is truly is a comfort meal that many of us make, however, this time we are making it even easier by cooking it in the Instant Pot.
How to Make Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
The first step in making Vegetable Beef Soup is to brown your stew meat. Set the Instant Pot to the Saute mode. Once the display reads HOT, add the oil and brown the meat on each side, working in batches if necessary.
Then remove the meat from the pot and set aside. Keeping the juices inside the liner, add the onions, celery and carrots and saute for approximately 5 minutes.
Next, add in the Italian seasoning and heat until fragrant (1 minute). Now press CANCEL and stir in one cup of the beef stock. Be sure to deglaze the bottom of the pot to remove any brown bits.
Once the bottom of the Instant Pot is clear, add the vegetables, salt, pepper and a bay leaf and stir.
Next, lock the lid in place and move the valve in the SEALING position. Pressure Cook/Manual on HIGH pressure for 8 minutes.
However, please note: Because the pot is filled with a lot of liquid, it will take quite a bit of time to come to pressure. When we used our 6 quart Instant Pot Duo for this recipe, it took 22 minutes before the cooking time began.
Then, after the cook time is up, allow for the pot to performa a Natural Pressure Release for 25 minutes. However, if the pin has not yet dropped, release the remaining pressure after 25 minutes.
Carefully remove the lid and remove the bay leaf. If desired, season with additional salt and pepper.
Serve immediately. And as we stated before, this Instant Pot Vegetable Beef soup stores well in the freezer. However, be sure that you allow it to cool completely. We like to store all of our Soup Recipes in quart size, rectangular Take-Along containers.
Check out the printable recipe below and let me know what you think!
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list located on the side and bottom of each recipe. You can also follow us on Facebook, and Pinterest. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you.
- 1 lb. beef stew meat
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, roughly diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 6 cups beef stock, low sodium
- 1 Tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 medium head of cabbage, roughly copped
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut in bite size pieces
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- Cut stew beef into smaller, bite size pieces and season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Press Saute on the Instant Pot and wait until display reads HOT and then add the oil and beef. Brown on all sides in a single layer, working in batches if necessary.
- Remove browned beef and set aside.
- Add the onions, celery and carrots to the liner of the pot and saute for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Press Cancel and add the dried Italian seasoning, continuing to stir for 1 minute. Add 1 cup of broth and deglaze the bottom of the pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Lock the lid in place and move valve to the SEALING position. Pressure Cook/Manual on High for 8 minutes followed by Natural Pressure Release for 25 minutes. *It will take about 22 minutes for the pot to come to pressure.
- Remove bay leaf and add additional salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately or freeze for later use.
Recipe provided by Make Your Meals
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g