French Toast Sausage Roll Ups have become the new rage in our family. All the flavors of traditional French toast with a sausage link in the center.
This recipe is great to serve at breakfast or brunch. But it also makes for a kid-approved, after school snack as well!
Although just like our French Toast Roll Ups, the best part about this recipe is that it can be served without utensils. Simply pick up a roll up with your hand and dunk it in maple syrup.
Plus they are super easy to make. In fact, even the kids enjoy helping roll them up!
French Toast Sausage Roll Ups
- Sandwich bread – Although thicker breads, like Texas toast, make for great French toast, they do not work well in this recipe. Instead, stick with thinner sandwich bread to make these roll ups.
- Sausage links – Any type of thin, breakfast sausage links can be used to make French Toast Sausage Roll Ups. I used chicken sausage, but pork or even turkey breakfast sausage links will work. The important thing to remember, is that you want your sausage cooked before rolling it up in the bread.
- Eggs – I prefer to use large eggs as the ratio of yolk to whites is perfect for whisking.
- Milk – Although whole milk will provide a thicker batter, it is okay to use reduced fat milk instead. In fact, you can even use almond or soy milk if you prefer.
- Cinnamon – No French toast batter would be complete without cinnamon!
- Pure vanilla extract – Stay away from the imitation vanilla extract and use pure vanilla instead. Although the flavor in the imitation extract is actually more intense, it is synthetically produced and is known to cause headaches and allergic responses in many people.
- Unsalted butter – This butter will be used in the skillet to cook the roll ups.
- Confectioners’ Sugar – Whether you call it powdered sugar or confectioners’ sugar, a little sprinkle on top will add a little sweetness to your roll ups.
The first step in making French Toast Roll Ups is to make sure that your sausage links are cooked.
Even if the package says that they are fully cooked, you will want to warm them up before proceeding with the rest of the recipe.
Do this by heating them in a skillet with a little water. Or, you could also heat them in a microwave if you prefer.
Once the sausages are cooked and warm, it is time to prepare the bread. Start by cutting the crust off all edges of the bread.
Then use a rolling pin to flatten and roll out each piece of bread until they become extremely thin. Now place a sausage link at the edge of the bread.
Starting at the edge where the sausage is placed, roll the bread around the sausage. Do this for each link and set them aside while you prepare the batter.
In a shallow bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla. Whisk the mixture well until the ingredients are incorporated.
Then, working with one French Toast Roll Up at a time, dip it in the egg mixture so that the entire surface is coated.
Melt the butter in the skillet and then brown the roll ups, adding more butter as needed. Once they are brown on all sides, remove them from the skillet and place on a plate or serving tray.
Sprinkle the tops with confectioners’ sugar if you prefer. Serve warm with pure maple syrup in a small dish for dipping.
Other Easy Breakfast Recipes
- Breakfast Bombs
- Air Fryer Donuts
- 2 Ingredient Bagels
- Egg In A Hole
- French Toast Roll Ups
- Hash Brown Egg Nests
- Keto Breakfast Muffins
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list located in the middle of each recipe or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow us on Facebook and Pinterest. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you.
French Toast Sausage Roll Ups
All the flavors of breakfast wrapped up in an easy to make, easy to eat roll up.
- 10 Slices sandwich bread
- 10 Sausage links, cooked
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- ½ Teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons butter, divided
- Confectioners' sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Cut off the crust of each piece of bread and then roll the bread thin with a rolling pin.
- Place cooked and warm sausage at the edge of one side of the bread and roll it up tightly. Repeat and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet. Then dip each roll-up in egg mixture, and cook on all sides until golden brown. Add more butter when needed.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve with maple syrup.
Recipe provided by Make Your Meals
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 230mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
Nutritional Information is to be used as a general guideline only . Nutritional calculations will vary from the types and brands of the products used.