One of my favorite appetizers to make around the holidays is this Easy Spinach Dip Recipe. A cool, creamy and refreshing dip that can be served with crackers, baguettes, bread cubes and/or vegetable slices.
Because the dip itself is low-carb, even those who are on a Keto diet can enjoy the taste of this delicious appetizer.
Although, the best part of all is that it takes little time to prepare. Simply cook and drain the spinach and mix in the other ingredients.
Then throw it in the refrigerator so the flavors have time to meld. And when it is time for the party to get started, simply serve it on a platter or pour the mixture inside a loaf of round Pumpernickel bread for a beautiful presentation.
Easy Spinach Dip Recipe
Box Frozen Chopped Spinach
*Knorr Vegetable Recipe Mix
Round Loaf Pumpernickel or Sourdough Bread
Most often you can find Knorr Vegetable Recipe Mix in the spice aisle at the grocery store. However, sometimes the green and yellow packet can be found where the dry Ranch dressing mix and French Onion Dip packets are located.
Although, depending on your geographic location, it may be difficult to find. In that case, you can easily purchase the packets online through Amazon following this affiliate link: Knorr Vegetable Recipe Mix.
The first step in making this Easy Spinach Dip Recipe is to thaw the box of frozen spinach. Then cook the spinach according to package directions, either on the stove top or microwave.
Once the spinach has been cooked, drain it in a fine mesh colander and let it cool. Once cool enough to handle, use a tea towel or paper towels to squeeze out any excess moisture.
You will be shocked at how much moisture comes out of the cooked spinach. I find it easiest to dump the spinach in the center of a tea towel and twist the top over a large cup or bowl.
Continue to twist until no more moisture is released. Then open the towel and dump the clump of spinach into a large mixing bowl.
Next add the mayonnaise, sour cream, vegetable mix, and green onions to the bowl and stir until well combined.
Cover and Chill
Cover and place in the refrigerate for 2 hours or until ready to serve.
When ready, stir the dip and place it in a serving bowl.
If serving this Easy Spinach Dip in a bread bowl, use a serrated knife to cut out the center of the loaf of bread, leaving about a half inch around the sides and the bottom.
Then scoop the dip into the center of the bread. Slice the cut out center of the bread into cubes for dipping.
Serve with the cubed bread, crackers, toasted baguettes and/or sliced vegetables.
Possible Recipe Variations
Although the recipe as written is absolutely delicious, there are a few common recipe variations that can be made.
- If you can’t find the Knorr Vegetable Recipe Mix, use dry Ranch Dressing or dried French Onion Dip instead.
- For a little crunch, dice up water chestnuts and add it to the mix.
- Add a little sweetness by adding diced red bell peppers or sun-dried tomatoes.
- Spice things up a bit with a dash of cayenne pepper powder or add in a few red pepper flakes. The little bit of heat compliments the cool flavors of the mayo and sour cream.
- Everything is better with bacon! Therefore, throw in a few slices of bacon crumbles to your Easy Spinach Dip recipe!
Other Delicious Appetizer Dip Recipes
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Crock Pot Beer Cheese Dip
- Easy Pepperoni Dip
- Instant Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Dip
- Dill Pickle Dip
- Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Cheesy Ranch Bean Dip
- Slow Cooker Reuben Dip
- Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Creamy Bacon Crack Dip
- Baked Bacon Cream Cheese Dip
- Loaded Jalapeno Popper Dip
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list located on the side and bottom of each recipe. You can also follow us on Facebook and Pinterest. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you.
- 12 ounce box frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 packet Knorr vegetable recipe mix
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 large round Pumpernickel or Sourdough loaf (optional for serving)
- Cook the spinach according to package directions. Drain the spinach and let cool. Once cool enough to handle, use paper towels to squeeze out any excess moisture and chop spinach into small pieces then place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the mayo, sour cream, vegetable mix, and green onions to the spinach and stir until well combined. Cover and place in the refrigerate for 2 hours or until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, stir the spinach dip and place in a serving bowl. If using a bread bowl, use a knife to cut out the center of the loaf of bread, leaving about a half inch around the sides and the bottom. Scoop the dip into the center of the bread. Slice the cut out center of the bread into cubes for dipping.
- Serve with cubed bread, baguettes, crackers and/or sliced vegetables.
Store leftovers in a covered container for up to 5 days.
Recipe provided by Make Your Meals
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 188mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
Nutritional Information is to be used as a general guideline only . Nutritional calculations will vary from the types and brands of the products used.