Now that football season is here it is time to share our Easy Pepperoni Dip recipe that requires no cooking.
It is a creamy and delicious dip recipe that requires you to simply mix the ingredients together and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
This appetizer is extremely popular this time of the year and can be made a couple days ahead of time. Then when you are ready, serve it with tortilla chips, baguettes or vegetables slices.
It is one of those tailgate recipes that everyone loves and is simply addicting. In fact, I can almost guarantee you that at the end of the game, there will be no leftovers!
Easy Pepperoni Dip Recipe
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Dried Basil
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Roasted red peppers
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
The first step in making this Easy Pepperoni Dip is to make sure that your cream cheese is at room temperature. If you start with a block of cold cream cheese, your dip will leave clumps of cream cheese scattered throughout.
You can soften cream cheese in a variety of ways. The easiest method is to set the cream cheese out on your kitchen counter and let it sit for approximately 45 minutes.
However, if you are like me, sometimes you have to throw a recipe together at the last minute. Therefore, here are some other ways to make cream cheese come to room temperature a little faster.
How To Soften Cream Cheese Quicker
- Open the cream cheese package and cut the block into 1- 2 inch cubes and place on a plate for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the cream cheese from the cardboard packaging. But leave the cream cheese in the foil and set in a safe, warm spot outdoors. Of course, this only works if the temperature outdoors is warmer than what it is indoors.
- Remove the cream cheese from the cardboard packaging but leave it unopened in the foil. Then submerge the cream cheese in lukewarm water for approximately 10 minutes. Then add it to the mixing bowl and make this easy pepperoni dip recipe.
- Take the cream cheese block out of all packaging and place on a microwave safe plate. Microwave for 10 seconds, flip the cream cheese block over and microwave for another 10 seconds. Repeat this process 1 more time. However, be sure that the cream cheese does not melt around the edges. Otherwise it will be difficult to fluff up when mixed.
Once your cream cheese is softened to room temperature, add it to a medium size mixing bowl. Then add the sour cream and beat with a hand mixer until well blended.
This process should take 3-4 minutes. I used to just mix the two ingredients until they were combined, but it really makes a difference if you allow the mixture to be blended until light and fluffy.
Once the cream cheese and sour cream have been beaten, add the basil, oregano, parsley, onion powder, and garlic powder. Then continue to beat until the spices are well incorporated.
Dice The Pepperoni and Roasted Red Peppers
Now let the dip rest while you dice the pepperoni. It is easies to do this by stacking 10-15 pepperoni slices together and slice the entire stack in half.
Then cut the pepperoni in the opposite direction 4 times, so that each slice is cut into 8 small strips. Repeat the process until all of the pepperoni has been diced.
Now it is time to dice the roasted red peppers. You can purchase a jar of roasted red peppers that are large or in julienne strips.
Regardless of which ones you purchase, remove the peppers from the jar, leaving the liquid in the jar. Then dice the peppers into small pieces.
Now add the pepperoni and the diced roasted red peppers into the mixing bowl with the other ingredients and fold until it is well mixed.
Finally, sprinkle the Mozzarella cheese in the bowl with the other ingredients and fold until it is evenly mixed.
Using a silicone spatula, transfer the easy pepperoni dip to a serving bowl. Then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Stir the dip before serving with tortilla chips, baguettes or vegetable slices. I prefer to allow the mixture to come to room temperature before serving so that it can be easily be dipped into with the chips.
However, if you want to serve it right away, you can also put the dip in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. Then stir and serve.
Other Easy Appetizer Dip Recipes
- Pizza Rolls
- 2 Ingredient Fruit Dip
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers
- Ham and Cheese Pinwheels
- Instant Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Dip
- Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos
- Quick and Easy Artichoke Dip
- Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Air Fryer Jalapeno Popper Bites
For other inspiring Appetizer Recipes, head to our Appetizer Recipe Page.
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list located on the side and bottom of each recipe. You can also follow us on Facebook and Pinterest. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you.
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon basil dried
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 ounces pepperoni cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a medium size bowl add the room temperature cream cheese and sour cream and beat with a hand mixer until well blended.
- Add the basil, oregano, parsley, onion powder, and garlic to the cream cheese mixture and beat until incorporated.
- Add the pepperoni and the diced roasted red peppers and fold until it is well mixed.
- Fold in the mozzarella cheese until it is evenly mixed. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Mix well before serving.
Serve at room temperature with tortilla chips, pita chips, toasted baguettes, or vegetables. You can microwave the dip for 20-30 seconds to make it softer for serving.
Can be made a day in advance. Stir before serving.
Refrigerate leftovers for up to 4 days.
Recipe provided by Make Your Meals
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 128Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 223mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
Nutritional Information is to be used as a general guideline only . Nutritional calculations will vary from the types and brands of the products used.