Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers have become my new favorite low-carb, Keto friendly recipe. Chunks of seasoned chicken breasts wrapped in bacon and baked to perfection in the oven.
Not only can you serve it along with a salad or cauliflower rice for a complete dinner, you can also serve it as a tasty appetizer.
And best of all, both adults and kids love this recipe! In fact, sometimes I take it one step further and serve it with Honey Mustard sauce or a Sweet Sriracha sauce for dipping.
Not only does it make for a great lunchbox idea, it is also a delicious after school snack recipe as well. And as an added bonus, they are easy and fun to make!
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers
- Chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black ground pepper
- Creole seasoning – or substitute your preferred seasoning of choice.
- Bacon slices
- Rimmed Baking Sheet
- Wire Baking Rack
- Metal or Wood Skewers
The first step in making bacon wrapped chicken skewers is to preheat the oven. Then line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Set a wire cooking rack on top of the foil lined baking sheet and spray with non-stick spray and set aside.
Then, if you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water. However, if you are use metal skewers spray them with non-stick cooking spray and set them aside.
Cut the chicken breasts into 1-2 inch pieces, removing and discarding any fat. Then place the chicken pieces in a large resealable plastic bag.
Next, drizzle the olive oil on top of the chicken and then add the salt, pepper and Creole seasoning to the bag. Seal the bag and shake to coat all sides of the chicken pieces.
While the chicken is resting, cut the bacon in half across the center. Then working with one piece of bacon at a time, place a piece of chicken on one edge of the bacon and roll it up.
Set the bacon wrapped chicken aside and repeat the process until all the chicken is rolled up in bacon.
Place Them On The Skewers
Now it is time to place the chicken on the skewers. Pick up a rolled up piece of chicken and find the end of the bacon.
Right below where the bacon ends, pierce it with skewer and push it through the chicken so that it goes out the other side.
Repeat the process and place 5 – 6 pieces of the bacon wrapped chicken onto each skewer. Arrange skewers on top of the wire rack in the prepared baking sheet.
Place the pan in a preheated oven and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and bacon is slightly crispy.
Remove the pan from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Serve warm as a main dish or low-carb appetizer.
Optional Dipping Sauce
If you are serving the bacon wrapped chicken skewers as an appetizer, I would highly suggest that you provide a dipping sauce for your guests.
You could serve them with bottled or Homemade Ranch dressing. However I prefer these two, easy to make dipping sauces.
1. Honey Mustard Dip
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl until well incorporated. Refrigerate until ready to be served.
2. Sweet Sriracha Sauce
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce, low-sodium
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tbsp. fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup ketchup
In a small saucepan add all the ingredients and stir. Heat on medium-high until the sauce begins to simmer. Let the sauce reduce slightly to thicken.
Serve warm with the bacon wrapped chicken skewers. Or instead of serving it as a dipping sauce, brush the bacon wrapped chicken with the sauce during the last 5 minutes of baking.
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list located on the side and bottom of each recipe. You can also follow us on Facebook and Pinterest. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you.
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 12 bacon slices
- 6 skewers
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Soak wooden skewers in water.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set a wire cooking rack on top of the baking sheet and spray with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1-2 inch pieces and place them in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Add olive oil and then Creole seasoning to the bag. Seal the bag and shake to coat all sides of the chicken pieces.
- Cut the bacon in half. Working with one piece of bacon at a time, place a piece of chicken on one end of the bacon and roll up. Repeat until all the chicken is wrapped in bacon.
- Pierce each bacon wrapped chicken piece with the skewer, just above where the end of the bacon stopped. Repeat and place 5 - 6 pieces of the bacon wrapped chicken onto each skewer.
- Arrange skewers on top of the prepared baking sheet and rack.
- Place in preheated oven and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and bacon is slightly crispy.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve warm as a main dish, or low-carb appetizer.
Recipe provided by Make Your Meals
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 244Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 811mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 31g
Nutritional Information is to be used as a general guideline only . Nutritional calculations will vary from the types and brands of the products used.