We are always looking for ways to use leftover ham after a big holiday dinner, and this Instant Pot Ham Casserole recipe is one of our favorites!
However, last year when I used the leftover ham to make a rice and broccoli dinner, the entire family loved it. Even the pickiest eater at a full plate full and then asked for more!
Since that time, I have converted that Stove Top Recipe into an Instant Pot Ham Casserole recipe.
Instant Pot Ham Casserole Recipe
The first step in making this recipe is to prepare your white rice. Just like when we are making plain White Rice in the Instant Pot, you must first rinse the rice in a fine mesh colander.
This will help release the starches on the surface of the rice, resulting in perfectly cooked rice.
Rinse it several times under cold water. And be sure to shake the rice around so that the all the grains have released the starches. You will know when you are ready to put the rice in the pot when the water below the colander runs clear.
Next add in the chicken broth and the dried seasonings. And if you were wondering, yes, you can substitute water instead of broth in this Ham Casserole recipe.
Stir the pot and then place the cheddar cheese soup on top.
DO NOT STIR
However, this time, DO NOT STIR! Just let the cheddar cheese soup sit on top of the rice mixture.
Lock the lid in place and pressure cook for 4 minutes. As with any pressure cooker recipe, additional time is required for the pot to come to pressure.
We made this Ham Casserole recipe in our 6 quart Instant Pot, but you could also use the 3 quart mini as well.
Once the cook time expires, allow the pot to Natural Pressure Release for 10 minutes. Then release any remaining pressure and when the pin drops, open the lid.
Stir the contents and then add in the broccoli florets, chopped ham, and cheese.
Replace the lid to the Instant Pot and allow your Ham Casserole to sit on the Keep Warm setting for 10 minutes. This will allow time for the broccoli to soften and the cheese to melt.
Stir one last time and serve immediately!
Enjoy this easy to make Instant Pot Ham Casserole with your family and friends!
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list located on the side and bottom of each recipe. You can also follow us on Facebook and Pinterest. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you.
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp. chicken broth or water
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 10 oz can cheddar cheese soup
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups chopped, cooked ham
- 1 cup freshly shredded, sharp Cheddar cheese
- In a fine mesh strainer, rinse the rice with cold water for 3-4 minutes. Be sure to shake the colander a few times to allow the starches from the middle and bottom layers of the rice get rinsed off.
- Place the rinsed rice and chicken stock/water in the liner of the Instant Pot.
- Mix in the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper and stir.
- Add the Cheddar Cheese soup on top of the mixture, and DO NOT STIR!
- Lock the lid in place and move the valve to the SEALING position. Pressure cook on HIGH pressure for 4 minutes. *The pot will take additional time to come to pressure.
- Once the cook time is up, allow the pot to Natural Pressure Release for 10 minutes. Release any remaining pressure and remove the lid. Stir the mixture.
- Add in the broccoli florets, ham and shredded cheddar cheese and stir. Replace the lid and use the KEEP WARM setting for 10 minutes to allow time for the broccoli to soften and the cheese to melt.
- Serve immediately
Recipe provided by Make Your Meals
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g