Whenever I host a party to watch the big football game, or I am having guests over for a casual evening of playing cards, I always get asked to make Ham and Cheese Sliders.
However, I don’t mind because they are easy to make and I never have to worry about any leftovers at the end of the evening.
Ham slices and Swiss cheese layered between a package of Sweet Hawaiian Rolls and then topped with a seasoned buttery spread. Then it is baked until the cheese is melted and the buns are lightly toasted.
All that is left to do is to pull them out of the oven and slice them into individual sandwiches. The perfect hand held appetizer or main dish for any gathering!
Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Hawaiian sweet rolls
- Cooked deli ham slices
- Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- Unsalted butter
- Dijon mustard
- Worcestershire sauce
- Poppy seeds
The first step in making these Ham and Cheese Sliders is to preheat the oven. Then find a baking dish that is big enough to hold the package of Hawaiian sweet rolls.
You will need a 9×9-inch or larger pan. Once you have your pan, line it with aluminum foil and then spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray and set it aside.
Next, take the rolls out of the package, leaving the rolls attached to each other. Then use a large serrated knife to slice the rolls in half so you have one large top and one large bottom section.
Place the bottom section of the rolls in foil lined baking pan, cut side up.
Then take the deli ham and separate the ham slices into two even portions. Take one portion (half of the ham) and layer it over the bottom layer of the rolls.
Then add all of the cheese slices on top of the ham. Finally, add the remaining ham on top of the cheese.
Place the top section of the rolls on top of the ham and cheese sliders and set the pan aside while you make the glaze.
In a medium bowl add the melted butter, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and poppy seeds (if using) and whisk to combine.
Continue to whisk until the mustard becomes incorporated into the liquid.
Then slowly pour the mixture over the top of the rolls. Some of the liquid will drain to the bottom of the pan.
Use a pastry brush to spread the mustard mixture on top of the rolls. Then cover the pan with aluminum foil and let stand at room temp for 5 minutes.
This will allow the sauce time to soak in and flavor the rolls. When you are ready, place the covered dish in the oven for 20 minutes.
Carefully remove the foil and check to make sure that the cheese has melted.
Then continue to cook until the buns begin to turn light golden brown, approximately 3-5 minutes. *Watch carefully so that the tops of the buns do not get too dark.
Remove the baking dish from the oven and slice into individual sliders. It is best to serve the ham and cheese sliders warm.
However, you can also serve them at room temperature if desired.
Other Favorite ‘Main Dish’ Party Food Recipes
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Homemade Sloppy Joes
- Instant Pot Sloppy Joes
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Homemade Pizza Rolls
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers
- White Castle Sliders Copycat Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
- Instant Pot Creamy Shredded Chicken
- Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list located on the side and bottom of each recipe. You can also follow us on Facebook and Pinterest. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you.
- 12-count package of Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 12 ounces cooked deli ham, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line a 9×9-inch or bigger baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Take the connected rolls out of the package and use a large serrated knife to slice the rolls in half so you have one large top and one large bottom section. Place the bottom section of the rolls in prepared pan.
- Layer half of the ham over the bottom layer of the rolls. Then add all of the cheese on top of the ham. Add the remaining ham on top of the cheese Place the top section of rolls on top, set aside.
- In a medium bowl add the melted butter, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and poppy seeds( (if desired) and whisk to combine.
- Slowly pour the mixture over the rolls. Some of the liquid will drain to the bottom of the pan.
- Cover with pan with aluminum foil and let stand at room temp for 5 minutes.
- Place the covered dish in the oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the foil and continue to cook until the buns begin to turn light golden brown, approximately 3-5 minutes. *Watch carefully so that the buns do not burn
- Slice into individual sliders and serve warm.
Recipe provided by Make Your Meals
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 516mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 13g
Nutritional Information is to be used as a general guideline only . Nutritional calculations will vary from the types and brands of the products used.