Grilling season is among us, and that means that it is time to share our Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger recipe!
There is nothing like a good old fashioned Grilled Hamburger. Except when you spruce it up a bit.
Look at about every restaurant menu and you will find a variety of burgers to choose from. From a Black & Bleu Burger, BBQ Cheddar Burger, or even a Peanut Butter Bacon Burger, you can find all sorts of creations.
But one thing is for sure, bacon makes a burger 10x better! And not just as a garnish on top.
This Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger recipe includes bacon actually in the burger itself. And yes, on top as well!
The Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger Recipe
The first step in making the ultimate bacon cheeseburger is to cook the bacon.
However, instead of cooking it until it is brown and crispy, remove all but 4 strips just after the fat renders and before it begins to brown. You don’t want the bacon fully cooked.
Keep only 4 slices in the skillet and continue to cook until brown and crispy. The remaining bacon will go into a food processor, like our Hamilton Beach Duo.
Pulse the bacon until it is coarsely ground and transfer it to a large mixing bowl.
Add the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to the bacon. Gently mix the Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger ingredients together just until incorporated.
Be careful not to mix too much. Otherwise your burger will become too dense when cooked.
Next, divide the mixture into four even sections. Form the burgers, again, not compressing the meat too much.
Indent The Center Of Each Burger
Now make a small indention in the center of each burger. This will prevent the burger from expanding too much in the center during the cooking process.
When you are ready to grill the bacon cheeseburger, oil the grates and wait until the grill is nice and hot.
Grill the burgers 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked to desired doneness.
Turn off the heat and add a slice of cheese to the top of each burger. Then close the grill cover for 1-2 minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
To serve, place each burger on a bun. Then top with one piece of bacon cut in two pieces. Add additional toppings as desired.
We like to add lettuce, tomato and a little ranch dressing to our Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburgers!
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list located on the side and bottom of each recipe. You can also follow us on Facebook and Pinterest. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you.
- 1 15 ounce package bacon, divided
- 4 burger buns
- 1 pound ground beef, preferably 80/20
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices preferred cheese , American, Provolone, Pepper Jack, etc..
- 4 leaves Iceberg lettuce
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat just until the fat is rendered out. Before the bacon begins to brown, remove all but 4 slices of bacon and place in a food processor. Continue to cook the remaining 4 slices until lightly crispy and remove to a paper towel. Keep the bacon fat in the skillet.
- Place the buns, cut side down, into the warm bacon fat and toast until golden brown around the edges. Set aside.
- Pulse the undercooked bacon in the food processor until it is coarsely ground - approximately 30-45 seconds. Transfer the bacon to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to the bowl and use your hands to gently work the bacon and seasonings into the ground beef.
- Divide the meat into 4 portions. Loosely pack each portion to make patties. Then use your thumb to create an indention in the center of each patty.
- Preheat the grill and generously oil the grates. Once the grill is hot, place the patties on the grates and cook for 3-5 minutes per side.
- Turn off the grill and top each patty with a slice of desired cheese on top. Cover the grill to allow it to melt.
- Assemble the burgers and top with one bacon slice cut in half, lettuce, and/or tomato. *Add additional condiments as desired.
Recipe provided by Make Your Meals
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g