If you are looking to lose a little weight, but still enjoy a delicious meal, then this Instant Pot Weight Loss soup is for you!
We have been making this flavorful cabbage and veggie soup for many years. However, we have always made it on the stove.
But today, we decided that it would be much easier, and it would get done much quicker, if we used our 6 quart Instant Pot instead.
Although we love to make our Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup, it’s now that time of the year where we all are trying to shed a few unwanted pounds. And there is no better way to do so than by eating healthy.
However this Instant Pot Weight Loss Soup is not only healthy, it actually is a detox soup as well.
It will help jumpstart your weight loss plan by removing toxins so your body can heal and work as it was intended.
Simply replace one meal a day with this soup and your body will thank you!
How to Make Instant Pot Weight Loss Soup
And it couldn’t be easier to make this soup than by using your pressure cooker!
The most time consuming part is to prepare the vegetables. And even that doesn’t take long.
First cut your onion and cabbage into thin strips. Then dice your celery and slice your carrots into thin rounds.
Add all of the ingredients in the liner of the Instant Pot and you are ready for it to cook.
Pressure cook on HIGH pressure for 15 minutes. Just like any pressure cooker meal, it will take additional time for the pot to come to pressure.
Then, once the cook time is up, slowly release the pressure by moving the valve to venting. You will want to do this slowly so that that liquid does not spew out of the top of the valve.
Then all that is left to do is serve! And just in case you have any leftovers or are looking for meal prep ideas, this Instant Pot Weight Loss soup freezes well.
Here is to feeling better and making recipes a little quicker and easier this year!
Check out our Instant Pot Low-Carb Zuppa Toscana Soup recipe as well.
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list located in the middle of each recipe or email me at email@example.com. You can also follow us on Facebook and Pinterest. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you.
- 1 onion, sliced in thin strips
- 1 small head cabbage chopped in large pieces
- 3 large carrots, cut in thin rounds
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 28 oz jar chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- Place all ingredients in the Instant Pot. Be sure to add the tomatoes on top of the rest of the ingredients and do not stir.
- Lock the lid in place and place valve in the SEALING position. Pressure Cook/Manual on High pressure for 15 minutes.
- When the cook time is up slowly turn the valve to the VENTING position to prevent the liquid from coming out of the top of the valve. When the pin drops remove the lid and serve!
Recipe provided by Make Your Meals
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g