When I was searching for a quick, easy, and delicious dinner idea, Instant Pot Lo Mein came to the rescue.
I was planning on making Cauliflower Stir Fry, however, I didn’t have enough cauliflower rice to feed the family
So I turned to my pantry to see what else I could make. And that is when I decided to make a noodle dish instead.
As soon as I spotted the box of lo mein noodles, I knew that I had the perfect combination to go with my stir fry vegetable kit.
I had purchased a bag of pre-cut stir fry vegetables from the grocery store. And in that bag was a ginger garlic sauce as well. And it was the perfect combination to make Instant Pot Lo Mein.
Of course you could chop up your vegetables, and make your own sauce. However, for this recipe we are using the short cut stir fry kit instead.
Instant Pot Lo Mein Recipe
Honestly, the hardest part of this recipe is finding dried Lo Mein noodles. You can most often find them in the International or Asian aisle at your grocery store. However, you must make sure that they are dried noodles.
Many Lo Mein noodles are soft or packed in liquid. They cook at a different rate and require a different amount of liquid. So when you go to make this Instant Pot Lo Mein recipe, be sure to use dry noodles.
However, if you can’t find lo mein noodles, you can substitute standard spaghetti pasta instead. But not the thin spaghetti or angel hair pasta. Only the standard size spaghetti noodles will work for this recipe.
The Cooking Process
Once you have purchased the noodles, the cooking process is easy. First, add the broth, the seasoning from the stir fry kit and the sriracha sauce into the liner of the Instant Pot and stir.
Next, add the noodles to the liquid. Be sure to scatter the noodles in a criss-cross pattern to prevent them from sticking together when cooking.
Then add half of the stir fry vegetables on top of the noodles. Be sure to remove any sugar snap peas and set them aside for later.
Lock the lid in place and cook for half of the time listed on the instructions of the noodle packet. The noodles that I used stated to boil for 8-9 minutes. Therefore, I set the cook time to 4 minutes.
Once the cook time is up, manually release the pressure. Next, carefully open the Instant Pot lid and stir the Lo Mein. Add the remaining vegetables and the reserved sugar snap peas and stir.
Add the lid and let the Lo Mein sit for 2-3 minutes on the Keep Warm setting.
Then remove the lid, stir and you are ready to eat your Instant Pot Lo Mein!
Check out the printable recipe below and let me know what you think!
- Cucumber Cream Cheese Spread – Warning, It’s Addictive!
- Instant Pot Salsa – Restaurant Quality Salsa Made In A Pressure Cooker
- Homemade Marinara Sauce Recipe – Made From Fresh Tomatoes
- Easy Soft Pretzel Bites Recipe – Only 3 Ingredients!
- Instant Pot Sweet Corn Recipe – The BEST Way To Cook Corn on the Cob
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list located on the side and bottom of each recipe. You can also follow us on Facebook, and Pinterest. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you.
Instant Pot Lo Mein Recipe
- 1 package of Ginger and Garlic Stir Fry package
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha Sauce more or less to taste
- 10 ounces Lo Mein Noodles or spaghetti noodles
- In the liner of the Instant Pot, mix together the seasoning packet from the Ginger and Garlic Stir Fry package, vegetable broth and Sriracha sauce.
- Add the dried noodles to the liquid, scattered in a criss-cross pattern. Pour in half of the vegetable stir fry mixture, removing any sugar snap peas and reserving them for later.
- Lock the lid in place and place the valve in the SEALING position. Pressure Cook/Manual on HIGH pressure for half of the time listed on the package of noodles. (If it states to boil for 8-9 minutes, pressure cook for 4 minutes)
- Once the cook time is up, Quick Release the Pressure.
- Toss the remaining vegetables and the reserved sugar snap peas with the cooked noodles. Replace the lid and let sit for 4 minutes on the KEEP WARM setting.
- Toss one last time before serving.
Substitute standard spaghetti noodles for Lo Mein noodles if desired. Do not use thin or Angel Hair pasta. Recipe provided by Make Your Meals