With the Super Bowl just a few days away, it is time to make our Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce. This sauce is a favorite for those who don’t like spicy or traditional Buffalo Wings.
The garlic butter flavor is balanced out perfectly with the addition of the tangy, grated Parmesan Cheese. And with just 3 ingredients, this recipe couldn’t be easier to make!
However, don’t just think that this sauce is for chicken wings only! We make this simple sauce to spruce up a variety of recipes.
Use The Sauce In Other Recipes
- Brush or baste the sauce on oven baked or grilled chicken breasts, chicken leg quarters or pork chops.
- Toss Air Fryer Potato Wedges or Oven Roasted Potatoes in the sauce after cooking.
- Use as a dipping sauce for steak bites, chicken kabobs, or grilled veggies.
- Serve it along with baguette slices or spread on toasted Italian bread slices to make garlic bread.
- Make the sauce and cook raw shrimp in the mixture. Your life will never be the same!
As you can see, this sauce is extremely versatile and can enhance just about any recipe! So although we will be concentrating on how to use it to flavor your chicken wings, keep this simple recipe handy throughout the year.
Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce Recipe
- Garlic Powder or Fresh Garlic Cloves
- Parmesan Cheese
Before we get into how to make the actual sauce, it is important to discuss the ingredients first. As for the butter, you can use salted, unsalted, or any non-dairy butter for this recipe.
I prefer to use unsalted butter, as the Parmesan cheese will naturally add a bit of salty flavor to the sauce. However the choice is up to you.
Next you need to determine if you want to use garlic powder or fresh garlic cloves. I always have fresh garlic on hand because I grow it in my garden. Therefore, I most often choose to add minced garlic to the butter rather than garlic powder.
However, I understand that many individuals often have garlic powder in their kitchen instead. So I have included how to make this Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce with both garlic powder and fresh garlic. Just be aware that the cooking time varies just slightly and the instructions are included in the recipe card below.
Now finally, let’s talk about Parmesan cheese. This will be the only time that I prefer to use the grated Parmesan cheese in the shaker that you buy at the grocery store.
Typically I grate a block of Parmesan cheese with my micrograter/zester. However, for this recipe you want the Parmesan cheese to be grated into fine crumbles. Therefore, I use store bought grated cheese instead.
In a small saucepan melt the butter and then stir in the garlic powder and 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese. Then pour the melted garlic butter over the cooked chicken wings that are placed in a large bowl and toss until well coated.
When you are ready to serve, sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese on top of the wings.
If using fresh garlic cloves:
In a small pan add the butter and minced garlic cloves. Bring to a low simmer for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently. One the garlic is tender and nice and fragrant, stir in 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese.
When the wings are cooked place them in a large bowl and pour the melted garlic butter and toss until well coated. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese on top of the wings when serving. Enjoy!
Our Favorite Cooking Methods For Chicken Wings:
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list located on the side and bottom of each recipe. You can also follow us on Facebook and Pinterest. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, or 2 large garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- In a small saucepan melt the butter and then stir in the garlic powder and 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese.
- Pour the melted garlic butter over the cooked chicken wings and toss until well coated. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese on top of the wings.
If using fresh garlic cloves:
- In a small pan add the butter and minced garlic cloves. Bring to a low simmer for 5-6 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese.
- Pour the melted garlic butter over the wings and toss until well coated. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese on top of the wings when serving.
Recipe provided by Make Your Meals
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 484Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 31gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 573mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 5g
Nutritional Information is to be used as a general guideline only . Nutritional calculations will vary from the types and brands of the products used.