Instant pot chicken wings is the answer when you are looking for the easiest and best way to make wings when you are in a hurry.
Make them from frozen with only 10 minutes cooking time! A few extra minutes under the broiler and your wings become crispy on the outside and fall off the bone tender in the inside.
Superbowl Sunday is one of the most popular days that chicken wings are eaten. No need to spend tons of money on take out when you can make Instant Pot Chicken Wings right in your own kitchen.
Most recipes require the wings be thawed out before cooking. Unfortunately, this requires advanced planning.
Most of the time when I make wings, I am either too busy and forget to set them out to thaw, or it is a spontaneous last minute decision to make them.
That results in cooking wings that are still frozen. But no worries! This recipe takes Instant Pot Chicken Wings from frozen to fantastic with just 10 minutes of cook time!
Tips To Making Instant Pot Wings…..
1. When making wings in the Instant Pot you need to use the trivet or steamer basket to keep the wings from being placed directly on the bottom of the pot. This allows the wings to cook evenly without being submerged in the cooking liquid.
I prefer to use a collapsible steamer basket when making Instant Pot Chicken Wings. The basket holds the wings without worry of them following through the gaps in the standard trivet.
It also makes it easier to remove the wings by lifting the entire basket out rather than using tongs to take them out individually.
2. Another tip when making the wings – use a twice-tossed method for your sauce. This method allows the wings to gain flavor both before and after broiling. Toss them in the sauce before broiling and again after.
3. Don’t skip out on the cooking rack! If you place them directly on the baking sheet, the underside will become saturated and moist rather than crispy and tender.
In fact, I place the wings on the cooking rack even after the final toss in the sauce. This will allow the excess sauce to drip below leaving only the perfect amount of sauce that coats the wings.
Check out the recipe below and let me know what you think!
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list.
Instant Pot Buffalo Wing Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 4 lbs frozen chicken wings
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 1 cup hot or barbecue sauce your choice of flavor
- Pour the water into the pressure cooker pot.
- Place the trivet in the bottom of the pot and stack wings directly on the trivet or on in a steam basket.
- Place the lid on the unit and turn to sealed position.
- Press the pressure cook/manual button and set the timer for 10 minutes.
- Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with foil and a cooking rack. Lightly brush cooking rack with olive oil or cooking spray. Place an oven rack on the top third of the oven and turn oven on Broil.
- In a large bowl combine the butter and sauce, mix well.
- Once the cooking time has expired, carefully release the steam using Quick Pressure Release.
- Remove the wings from the pot and place them in the sauce in batches and coat each side.
- Place wings on cooking rack and broil for 3-5 minutes or until desired crispness has been reached, flip and broil the other side.
- Place the wings back in the sauce bowl and toss them in the remaining sauce mixture to coat.