Buffalo chicken dip is one of the most popular appetizers served at parties.
Whether it is a tailgate party, work potluck, or a summertime picnic, you can sure to find this delicious, mouth-watering dip on the serving table.
The tangy flavor of the buffalo sauce is balanced out with a base of cream cheese and ranch dressing.
This allows even those that don’t like spicy food to enjoy the taste of buffalo chicken dip.
We measure out the chicken in 2-3 cup portions and freeze them using our Food Saver.
Anytime a recipe calls for shredded chicken, we just open our freezer and it is ready to go!
However, if you don’t have any frozen, no need to worry! You can make shredded chicken from fresh chicken breasts.
Or even better, buy a cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store! It will only take minutes to shred the meat.
And one last alternative – shredded canned chicken. It’s easy and works when you are in a hurry!
However, you could make this on the stove by melting all the ingredients together in a medium-sized pot.
Just transfer it to a serving bowl and place it on a plate full of celery, tortilla chips, crackers, baguette slices, etc..
Either way, the dip tastes Amazing!
And if you like a little kick to your dips, be sure to try our Jalapeno Popper Dip.
Check out the printable recipe below and all of our recipes and let me know what you think!
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. This article may contain affiliate links.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Place the chicken, ranch dressing, hot sauce and celery in the crockpot. Mix together.
- Roughly cut your cream cheese into large cubes and place on top of the mixture.
- Cook on high for an hour and then stir to incorporate the melted cream cheese.
- Reduce heat to low. Continue to cook and stir occasionally.
- Immediately before serving, add in the shredded cheese and stir
- Serve with celery sticks, crackers, tortilla chips, etc….
Recipe provided by Make Your Meals