Ever since I made Sweet Corn in my Instant Pot, I would be hard pressed to say that I will ever make it any other way!
As much as I love the flavor of Grilled Corn on the Cob, you just can’t beat the speed and convenience of cooking it in a pressure cooker.
And much like you, I was hesitant to give it a try. However, when the temperatures reached 97° outside this week I quickly changed my mind.
We had planned to grill hamburgers and sweet corn for dinner. But with that oppressive heat, there was no way I could tolerate standing over a hot grill.
And I have to tell you, it was much faster, and of course much cooler to cook them this way!
But the best part of all is that I didn’t have to spend the time shucking the corn before putting them in the Instant Pot. And when they were cooked, the husk and silk came off in one single piece!
This was truly a game changer!!
Now, since we have realized how easy it is to make sweet corn in the Instant Pot, we will be making it several times a week.
Instant Pot Sweet Corn
And what is so great about this recipe is that you can make as few or as many ears of corn that will fit in your pot. The cooking method remains the same either way.
First cut the ends off each side of the cob. This will allow the corn to fit better inside the pot.
Next, remove the outer layer of the husk. Don’t peel off all the husk. Just remove 2-3 pieces on each ear of corn.
Then place the trivet inside the liner of the Instant Pot and stack the corn on top. You can cook as many ears as you can fit down inside the pot.
Lock the lid in place and move the valve to the SEALING position. Pressure Cook/Manual for 3 minutes. If you like your corn super soft, you can add one additional minute. However, we like our corn with a little crunch and 3 minutes is the perfect cook time for us.
When the cook time is up, move the valve to the VENTING position to perform a quick release of pressure.
Then carefully remove the sweet corn from the Instant Pot. As soon as it is cool enough to handle, slide the husk and silk off. It should come off in one single piece.
Then slater with butter and sprinkle with salt and enjoy!
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list located on the side and bottom of each recipe. You can also follow us on Facebook and Pinterest. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you.
- Corn on the Cob - cook as little as 1 or as many as you can fit in the pot
- Cut off each end of the ears of corn. and remove the first layer of husks and discard.
- Place the trivet in the pot, and pour in 1 cup of water for the 6 quart or cups for the 8 quart.
- Stack the ears of corn on top of the trivet. Lock the lid in place and move the valve to the SEALING position.
- Pressure Cook/Manual for 3 minutes on HIGH pressure.
- When the cooking time is complete do a Quick Release of Pressure by turning the valve to the VENTING position.
- When the pin drops open the lid and carefully remove the corn. When they are cool enough to handle, remove the husks and silk.
- Add butter and salt and Enjoy!
Recipe provided by Make Your Meals
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g