If you love the taste of chili but are trying to avoid carbohydrates, then you have to try this Instant Pot Keto Chili Recipe.
It tastes just like traditional chili, without all the extra carbohydrates.
With the exception of authentic Texas Chili, most chili recipes consists of a combination of ground beef and seasoned kidney beans in a thick tomato sauce.
But the beans add a ton of carbs in a single bowl of chili.
And if you are on a low-carb or Keto diet, than traditional chili is taken off the list of acceptable food choices.
However, no worries. This Keto Chili recipe tastes just as good, if not better! Plus, it is quick and easy to make in your Instant Pot!
Instant Pot Keto Chili Recipe
Whenever someone asks me why they should make chili in the Instant Pot, I always give them the same answer.
The taste is simply better when the ingredients are pressure cooked. In fact, the flavor tastes like the chili has been simmering all day.
However, in reality, just like our traditional Instant Pot Chili Recipe, it takes less than 30 minutes to make this recipe from start to finish!
And if you have all your vegetables cut and diced in advance, it requires even less time!
First start by turning the Instant Pot on the SAUTE mode. Wait until the display reads HOT before adding the oil and ground beef.
This will help prevent any unnecessary sticking to the bottom of the pan.
When the ground beef is about 75% browned, add in the diced vegetables so that they can begin to soften.
Once the chili meat is no longer pink, drain off the fat and turn the Instant Pot off.
Then add in broth, tomato products, and remaining seasonings. But be sure to deglaze the bottom of the pan.
Lock the lid in place and Pressure Cook/Manual on HIGH pressure for 10 minutes.
*With all pressure cooker recipes, it will take time for the pot to come to pressure.
Once the cook time is up, allow the pot to Natural Pressure Release. Once the pin drops, carefully remove the lid.
You can choose to serve the Keto Chili right away. However, I like the consistency to be a little thicker.
Simply turn on the SAUTE mode and allow some of the liquid to evaporate until the desired thickness has been reached. However, be sure that you stir it frequently to prevent the Keto chili from sticking to the bottom of the Instant Pot!
Garnish with parsley, sour cream, cheese or whatever you desire!
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list located on the side and bottom of each recipe. You can also follow us on Facebook and Pinterest. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. lean ground beef, grass-fed preferred
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 14 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 14 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- Parsley, diced
- Turn your Instant Pot on the SAUTE mode. Once the display reads HOT, pour the olive oil in the liner. Add the ground beef and cook until 3/4ths of the mixture is no longer pink.
- Add in the onion, pepper, celery and garlic and continue to cook until the meat is browned. Drain the excess fat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Lock the lid in place and move the valve to the SEALING position. Pressure cook/Manual on HIGH pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once the cooking time expires, allow the pot to Natural Pressure Release.
- When the pin drops, remove the lid and Press SAUTE. Stirring frequently, cook for 4-5 minutes or until the desired thickness has been reached.
- Serve hot and garnish with parsley.
*With all pressure cooker recipes, allow additional time for the pot to come to pressure before the cook time begins.
Recipe provided by Make Your Meals
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g