French Dip Sandwiches are one of my favorite things to make in the Instant Pot. Tender and juicy slices of seasoned roast beef piled into a hoagie bun. And then it is topped off with a slice of provolone cheese and melted to perfection.
The perfect sandwich to dip into rich and flavorful au jus sauce. A sandwich good enough to be served as a gourmet menu item.
But the best part of all, is that is easy to make! We made ours in our Instant Pot 6 quart Duo, however you can make it in just about any size pressure cooker!
Instant Pot French Dip Sandwich Recipe
Just like when we make our Italian Beef Sandwiches, the star of the show for this recipe is a chuck roast.
However, instead of flavoring the meat with the pepperoncinis and banana peppers, we use French Onion Soup and Worcestershire sauce instead.
First turn the Instant Pot on the Saute mode and add the olive oil. Once the display reads HOT, sear each side of your seasoned chuck roast.
Then remove the browned roast from the Instant Pot and add sliced onion. Continue to saute until the onions are tender, approximately 5 minutes.
Next, add the beef broth and scrape the bottom of the pan to remove any stuck bits.
Continue to stir while you add the Worcestershire sauce and the can of French Onion Soup.
Press cancel and add the browned chuck roast and any juices that might have escaped.
Lock the lid in place and move the valve to the SEALING position. Pressure Cook/Manual on HIGH pressure for 60 minutes.
*Just like with all Instant Pot recipes, allow additional time for the pot to come to pressure.
Once the cook time is up, allow the pot to Naturally Release for 20 minutes. Then release any remaining pressure.
Carefully remove the roast onto a cutting board. Slice the meat thinly, across the grain.
Strain the French dip juice from the Instant Pot into a bowl and set aside.
Arrange 6 hoagie buns on a baking sheet and add pile the meat on top. Add a slice of Provolone cheese on top of each French Dip Sandwich and place under a broiler until the cheese is nice and melted.
Remove from the oven and serve with au jus sauce for dipping.
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list located in the middle of each recipe or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow us on Facebook and Pinterest. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you.
Instant Pot French Dip Sandwich Recipe
Tender and juicy slices of seasoned roast beef piled into a hoagie bun with melted provolone cheese on top. Served with au jus sauce that is perfect for dipping!
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 lb. chuck roast
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 can French Onion soup
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 6 Hoagie buns
- 6 slices Provolone cheese
- Season the roast on all sides with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Turn the Instant Pot to the Saute mode and add the olive oil. When the display reads HOT, brown the roast on all sides and then remove from pot.
- Add the onions to the Instant Pot and saute until tender. Press Cancel.
- Pour the beef broth into the pot and scrape any bits from the bottom of the pot. Add the onion soup and Worcestershire sauce, and the browned roast.
- Lock the lid in place and move the valve to the SEALING position. Pressure Cook/Manual on HIGH for 60 minutes. Once the cooking time is up allow for Natural Pressure Release for 20 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Remove meat from Instant Pot onto a large platter and slice or shred.
- Strain the liquid from the Instant Pot through a strainer into a bowl.
- Add meat and cheese to the buns, and place under a broiler to melt.
- Serve immediately with the au jus.
Recipe provided by Make Your Meals
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g