Thick and hearty Instant Pot Chili is made in minutes but tastes like it has been slow cooking all day.
I used to make chili in my slow cooker because it had all day to cook and the flavors meld together perfectly.
That was until I tried it in Instant Pot! I had forgotten to take out the ground beef and pork out of the freezer the night before.
That left me with no time in the morning to thaw everything out and brown the meat before putting all the ingredients in the crock pot.
I came home that afternoon, the meat was thawed but I knew there weren’t enough hours left in the day to make it using the slow cooker.
Instant Pot Chili to the rescue….
We had promised to take chili to a function that evening, and I knew there was only one way to make it. That’s when we discovered Instant Pot Chili!
I browned the meat on saute mode and added the rest of the ingredients. Pressure cooked it on high for 10 minutes and let it naturally release for 10 minutes.
The results were amazing!!! It tasted better than the all day slow cooking method that we used to rave about.
This Instant Pot Chili recipe calls for beef broth for the liquid to help bring it up to pressure, however, you could substitute beer or dry red wine for an additional depth of flavor.
And don’t be afraid just to add in a little water if you have nothing on hand. It will still turn out delicious!
We like our dishes with a little extra heat, so when I make this for my family I add in an entire jalapeno and some extra hot pepper powder.
If you don’t like tomatoes or beans in your chili give this Texas Chili a try!
Check out the recipe below and let me know what you think!
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list.
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb. ground meat
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 large jalapeno, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans
- 1 15 oz can black beans
- 1 10 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 pint diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup beef or chicken broth
- On sauté mode, add olive oil and when heated brown ground meat until cooked through. Turn Instant to Keep Warm setting.
- Add the dry spices to the ground meat and stir.
- Add peppers, onions, undrained beans, tomato sauce, undrained tomatoes and broth.
- Close the lid and place on sealing. Pressure cook/manual for 10 minutes with natural pressure release for 10 minutes. Release any remaining pressure.
- Stir and serve adding favorite toppings such as cheese, sour cream, avocado slices, etc. as desired.
Recipe provided by Make Your Meals
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g