One of the best reasons to own an Instant Pot is to make this Caramel Apple Cheesecake recipe.
A creamy and delicious cheesecake that is set on a graham cracker crust and topped with caramel and apple pie filling.
And even better, it is cooked in a fraction of the time as compared to when you cook it in the oven. Plus there is no need to turn on your oven on those hot summer days!
How to Make Cheesecake in the Instant Pot
Ever since we purchased our Instant Pot 6 quart Duo, we have used it at least 5 times a week.
But I never imagined that I would be able to make such delicious desserts in it, as well as so many meals.
But when I made my first cheesecake in the Instant Pot, I was hooked!
Although they all have a unique flavor, the cheesecake making process is the basically the same.
It all starts with choosing what pan to use. For a 6 quart Instant Pot you could either use a 6 or 7 inch springform pan or a push pan.
Just make sure that the pan can fight inside your pressure cooker without touching the sides of the liner.
For this specific recipe, I used this 7 inch springform pan.
Our Caramel Apple Cheesecake starts with a graham cracker crust. Simply crush 5 full graham crackers until they become fine crumbs.
I prefer to put the crackers in a ziplock bag and crush them with my fist. Not only does it work like a charm, it is also a great way to release any frustrations!
Then, in a small bowl, melt some butter and mix in the crumbs until moist.
Add the wet crumbs to the bottom of the cheesecake pan and press down until firm.
Be sure to push the crumbs a little up the sides of the pan as well.
Apple Pie Filling
Next, add a little apple pie filling on top of the crust. Be sure to drop it in place over the graham crackers.
The pie filling does not spread well and will destroy your crust if you try to even it out with a knife.
Instead of large chunks of apples, you could also cut down the slices into smaller sections if preferred.
The Caramel Apple Cheesecake Filling
Now it is time to make your cheesecake filling.
There are two crucial keys to getting your cheesecake to turn out perfect.
First, you must use cream cheese that is softened to room temperature.
This will ensure that the filling is nice and smooth. Cold cream cheese does not mix well and will leave you with large chunks throughout your filling.
Second, it is crucial that you mix the eggs into the batter on low speed and just until incorporated. If you mix them too long or at too high of a speed your cheesecake will turn out lopsided.
The Cooking Process
Once everything is assembled, it is time to get the caramel apple cheesecake inside the Instant Pot.
First add water to the liner of the pressure cooker.
Next, place the cheesecake on a long handle trivet and lower it into the pan.
If you don’t have a long handle trivet, simply make one using aluminum foil.
Take a long piece of foil and fold it lengthwise until it is about 3 inches wide. Then place the cheesecake in the center of the foil and carefully lower it on a flat trivet in the liner of the Instant Pot.
Now the question is to cover the top of the pan with foil or not. I have cooked this cheesecake both ways, and I prefer not to use foil.
Yes, the top of the cheesecake may collect a little condensation during the cooking process. However, every time that I use foil the center of the cheesecake always ends up with the foil sitting directly on top of it.
But the choice is up to you.
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Topping
Once the cheesecake has cooked allow the pot to complete a Natural Pressure Release.
Then carefully remove the cheesecake from the pan onto a cooling rack.
Let it cool for about an hour at room temperature. However, before putting it in the refrigerator, run a knife along the side of the cheesecake to loosen it from the pan.
Then place it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
Once you are ready to serve, top the cheesecake with caramel topping and more of the apple pie filling.
Slice, serve, and smile!
Check out the printable recipe below and let me know what you think!
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you.
Instant Pot Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- 5 whole graham crackers crushed
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup apple pie filling
- 2 8- ounce packages regular cream cheese room temperature
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Caramel topping
- Apple pie filling
Make the crust
- Spray a 7-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter. Press crumbs evenly across the bottom of the pan and slightly up the sides of the pan until firm. Set aside.
Make the cheesecake filling
- Beat the room temperature cream cheese in an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Slowly beat in the sugar, and then add the vanilla. Beat until the sugar is completely blended (approximately 2 minutes).
- While the mixer is off, scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the eggs one at a time, beating each on low speed just until blended. *It is important to not over-beat the eggs!
Assemble and cook the cheesecake
- Slowly pour ½ cup apple pie filling in a single layer on top of the crumbs.
- Pour the cheesecake filling on top of the apple pie filling and crust.
- Pour 2 cups of water in the liner of the instant pot.
- If your trivet has handles, set the cheesecake on the trivet and slowly lower it into the pot. If your rack does not have handles, set the rack in the pot, then make an aluminum foil sling for the cheesecake by folding a 2-foot long piece of aluminum foil over a few times lengthwise, until it is a long strip about 2-3 inches wide. Center the cheesecake pan on the sling and carefully lower it into the pot, setting it on the rack.
- Lock the lid in place and Pressure Cook/Manual on HIGH pressure for 20 minutes with a full natural pressure release at the end of the cook time.
- Carefully pull the cheesecake out of the Instant Pot and allow it to cool at room temperature for an hour.
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the cheesecake from the sides.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Top the cheesecake with caramel topping and apple pie filling.
- Slice and serve.