One of the easiest and most flavorful recipes that we make is our Instant Pot Beef Burrito Bowl recipe.
In fact, the family requests this dinner at least once a week.
It has become such a hit that I now make it on Sunday along with our Air Fryer Whole Chicken recipe, when we are meal prepping for the week.
We use it for lunches or a quick dinner meal throughout the week.
And to be honest, when I am in a hurry, I grab a bowl of it and eat it for breakfast too!
Beef Burrito Bowl Ingredients
This recipe begins with browning ground beef in the liner of the Instant Pot.
However, no matter which pot we make it in, we prefer to drain the ground beef after it is cooked. You don’t have to but I like to drain the extra fat before adding in the other ingredients.
And if I am really lucky, I will have a pound of already cooked ground beef in my freezer that I can dump right in!
I love to cook a large batch of ground beef in my Instant Pot and freeze them in one pound portions. It is such a time saver for weeknight meals!
But you can also add ground chicken or 2 chicken breasts to this recipe if you prefer Chicken Burrito Bowls.
Add in some diced onion, taco seasoning, black beans, corn and salsa and your meal is almost ready!
What Rice To Use For The Burrito Bowl
I have tried this recipe using long grain white rice, Jasmine rice, and brown Basmati rice.
Although I love making Instant Pot White Rice, I have found that it isn’t the best rice to use for this recipe.
White rice requires such a short cook time. Therefore, this doesn’t allow the burrito bowl ingredients enough time to meld together as well as when cooking for a longer period of time.
Instead, we prefer to use either brown Basmati rice or Jasmine rice. The rice holds up well and the entire dish tastes perfect!
Add The Toppings of Your Choice
Once the Instant Pot Beef Burrito Bowl is cooked, it is time to customize your meal.
Add in shredded cheese, sour cream, diced tomatoes or avocado for a deluxe meal.
Or if you prefer, serve it with tortilla chips. The chips can become your utensil for an easy to eat meal.
And don’t forget, this recipe can also act as a filling for burritos. Scoop a few spoonfuls on a tortilla and roll it up.
There are so many ways to enjoy this recipe! That is why it is everyone’s favorite.
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list located in the middle of each recipe or email me at email@example.com. You can also follow us on Facebook and Pinterest. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 16 oz. jar salsa
- 1 cup brown rice
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- diced tomatoes
- tortilla chips
- Press SAUTE button, and when the display reads HOT add the oil to the liner of the Instant Pot.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned. Drain and set aside.
- Add the diced onions and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the meat back into the pot along with taco seasoning and 1/2 cup of the broth. Stir and scrape the bottom of the pot to remove any stuck pieces. Turn Instant Pot OFF/CANCEL
- Stir in the beans, corn, and salsa until well combined.
- Add the rice to a fine mesh colander and rinse until the water runs clear.
- Add the rice on top of the mixture and DO NOT stir.
- Add the remaining 1 cup of chicken broth over the rice.
- Add lid in the locked position and place the valve in the Sealing position.
- Pressure Cook/Manual on HIGH pressure for 15 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, allow for 5 minutes of Natural Pressure Release. Then do a quick release of any remaining pressure.
- Stir until well combined.
- Serve with toppings of choice or use the filling in a tortilla to make burritos.
Recipe provided by Make Your Meals
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g