One of the best ways to sneak vegetables into a sweet and delicious treat is to make zucchini bread!
The zucchini is hidden throughout the batter and the flavor of cinnamon and ginger overpower any hint of a vegetable presence.
I fell in love with zucchini bread as a child when my parents would bring in mountains of zucchini from the garden. Back then I refused to eat any green vegetable but I would eat several slices of my mom’s homemade zucchini bread without hesitation.
Of course she was smart and didn’t tell me it was made with zucchini. She referred to it as cinnamon bread, and I fell for it!
One hint to hiding the zucchini, be sure to peel it before shredding. That way there will be no speaks of the green skin peaking through the loaf.
The best thing about this zucchini bread recipe is that the loaves come out super moist. It is so frustrating to take a bite of bread only to have the entire piece crumble apart.
That is not a worry with this recipe! The combination of oil, white sugar and brown sugar provides the perfect moisture level to hold it together as you sink your teeth into the soft bread.
And the combination of cinnamon and ginger gives the bread that WOW factor that keeps you coming back for more!
Although making Zucchini Bread in our Instant Pot didn’t turn out well, you have to try our Instant Pot Banana Bread – simply amazing!
Check out the printable recipe below and all of our recipes and let me know what you think!
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. This article may contain affiliate links.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3 cups grated zucchini
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl combine, flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger. Whisk until combined and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl (using a paddle attachment if applicable), combine white sugar and oil – mix until creamy. Add brown sugar, eggs, & vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Slowly add the dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix until combined. Mixture will be thick.
- Grate the zucchini and fold it into the batter. As the zucchini becomes incorporated the batter will become thinner.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured loaf pan. Repeat to fill the other loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until you insert a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean.
- Let sit for 5 minutes in the pan before transferring to a cooling rack.
Recipe provided by Make Your Meals
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g