If you are trying to eat healthier this year, this air fryer salmon recipe will definitely come in handy.
When I first received my air fryer I imagined making everything that is typically deep-fried.
The results were amazing! We make air fryer chicken wings almost weekly in our house.
We throw them in frozen, and in less than 20 minutes they are on the table!
But I never imagined making foods that aren’t typically fried in the air fryer.
But that changed one day when I wanted to use our outdoor grill to make hamburgers.
There was a huge thunderstorm passing through and it didn’t show any signs of slowing up.
I didn’t want to make them in a skillet on the stove top. I didn’t like the thought of them sitting in grease and smoking up the kitchen.
So I decided to cook them in the air fryer. I knew that the grease would drip through the basket and I was hoping that the smoke would be contained within the unit.
The result….the most amazing hamburgers ever! They were extremely moist and cooked to perfection!
The best part of all, I didn’t have to wait for a grill to pre-heat. And I certainly didn’t have to stand in the middle of a thunderstorm.
We now prefer to make our hamburgers this way!
Air Fryer Salmon
So when it was time to make salmon for dinner one night, I thought to myself, why not give it a try in the air fryer?
Because we live in an area where it is difficult to purchase fresh, wild caught salmon, I typically purchase a large frozen, wild caught salmon filet.
It is pre-sliced into 4 cut portions that can easily be separated for cooking.
I always try to cook similar size pieces together so they cook evenly and will be done at the same time.
Because we typically make salmon for just two of us, I will cook the two inner pieces together and save the two outer pieces for the next time.
Add a little seasoning and you will make one of the best salmon dishes around, right in your own kitchen!
And best of all, there is no pre-heating of the oven or hot oil splattering while you cook it on your stove.
Simply put it in your air fryer, forget it and you will have a healthy meal ready for you in just 7 minutes!
Check out the printable recipe below and let me know what you think!
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. This article may contain affiliate links.
Air Fryer Salmon
- 2 wild caught salmon fillets approximately 1- 1 1/2 inches thick
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- lemon wedges
- Thaw frozen salmon filets. Bring filets to room temperature and pat dry.
- Rub each fillet with olive oil on all sides and generously season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine the garlic powder, onion powder and smoked paprika. Sprinkle seasoning on the non-skin side of the filets.
- Preheat air fryer per manufactures instructions. Place skin side down in the basket and cook at 390 degrees F for 7 minutes.
- Check for doneness and continue to cook if needed until light and flaky.
- Squeeze lemon wedges over filets and serve.