Instant Pot Taco Casserole
When you need a quick, kid-friendly, weeknight meal, Instant Pot Taco Casserole is just the answer.
It is truly a comfort meal at it’s finest and requires only 5 minutes of cooking time. Even with sauteing the veggies and ground beef and waiting for the pot to come to pressure, dinner will still be on the table in under 25 minutes!
Now that is something we could all use on a busy weeknight!
No need to heat up your house with the oven for this delicious casserole. Instant Pot Taco Casserole is made entirely in the Instant Pot.
Are you gluten-free? No worries, gluten-free pasta cooks up perfectly in this recipe. We prefer to use Banza pasta. It is made from chickpeas and has less carbs and more protein than traditional pasta.
And if you are looking for a low-carb, Keto Taco Casserole check out our RECIPE HERE.
The key to cooking pasta in the Instant Pot is to cook it on high pressure for half of the time that is listed on the back of the box.
Also be sure that pasta is not sitting directly on the bottom of the liner. If it is in direct contact with the bottom of the pot, there is an increased chance to get the dreaded BURN notice.
And finally, be sure that the pasta is submerged below the top of the cooking liquid. This will help make sure that all of the noodles get cooked properly.
Add whatever toppings that you like to Instant Pot Taco Casserole. I use dairy-free sour cream, guacamole, and cilantro.
My husband likes to add a little heat to his dish by placing diced jalapeno peppers on top.
And one last suggestion – if you are trying to sneak some additional veggies into your picky eaters meal, shred some carrots or peeled and diced zucchini to the mixture. They won’t even know that they are there!
Check out the printable recipe below and all of our recipes and let me know what you think!
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. This article may contain affiliate links.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 16 oz jar salsa
- 2 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 8 oz small shell pasta, use gluten-free if desired
- 2 cups shredded cheese, taco blend or dairy-free cheddar
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté. This recipe has been made in both the 6-quart and 8-quart Instant Pot.
- Once the display reads HOT, add the olive oil and onions and peppers. Sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned.
- Turn the Instant Pot Off/Cancel and stir in taco seasoning and broth.
- Pour the salsa in the center of the pot. Do not stir
- Add pasta to the top, do not stir. Be sure to press the pasta down into the liquid so that they are submerged.
- Place the cover on the pot in the locked and sealed position. Pressure cook/manual on high for 5 minutes.
- Once the time expires perform a slow quick release to prevent splattering. Once the valve drops, remove the lid and stir.
- Top the mixture with cheese and place the lid on in the venting position for 2-3 minutes so the cheese can melt.
- Stir and serve with additional toppings as desired.
Suggested toppings: sour cream, diced green onions, cilantro, guacamole.
Recipes provided by Make Your Meals
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g