It’s Instant Pot Friday and today’s new recipe is – INSTANT POT CHICKEN CURRY.
Be ready to be blown away! When you eat this Instant Pot Chicken Curry you will feel like you’re eating at the finest Indian restaurant in town.
Chicken curry is a classic recipe where chunks of chicken are stewed in an onion and tomato based sauce that is flavored with various spices.
There are many variations of chicken curry spices and sauces that are used throughout the world.
This recipe calls for both whole spices and ground spices to provide maximum flavor to this dish. You can find Garam Masala at specialty grocery stores in the Indian cuisine aisle or you can also order it on Amazon.
The basic onion and tomato sauce is spiced up with the addition of the jalapeno. However, if you don’t like your curry spicy, you can either deseed the jalapeno or omit it altogether.
Instant Pot Chicken Curry is easy to make. Just saute all the ingredients directly in the pot and then pressure cook for only 5 minutes! With quick release pressure, your meal will be on the table in no time!
We typically serve our chicken curry over a small bed of rice. However, you could eat it without the rice or served with Naan.
Check out the recipe below and let me know what you think!
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 jalapeno, diced (optional)
- 1 inch peeled ginger, finely chopped
- 5 Garlic Cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- cilantro to garnish
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- Cut the chicken into 1-2 inch chunks.
- Turn Instant Pot to Sauté mode and add oil to it. Heat and add the whole spices and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped green chili, onions, ginger and garlic to the pot and sauté for until they turn golden brown, stirring frequently. (About 5 minutes)
- Add the tomatoes and ground spices. Continue to sauté for 3 minutes, while stirring at regular intervals.
- Add the chicken and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Add the broth and stir. Cancel sauté mode.
- Add lid and set on sealing. Set to manual/pressure cook mode on high for 5 minutes.
- Once cooking is complete, quick release the pressure and stir in the lemon juice.
- Remove bay leaves and whole cloves.
- Garnish with cilantro (optional).
- Serve with rice or Naan
For a less spicy dish omit jalapeno pepper. Recipe provided by Make Your Meals
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g