A colorful and healthy dip that is great to serve with chips for an easy to prepare appetizer. Or make it a meal and serve it with lettuce for a salad or with rice to make a Cowboy Bowl!
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can black eyed peas rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn drained or fresh
- 1 cup tomatoes seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 cup red onion finely diced
- 3/4 cup sweet bell pepper finely diced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
Place the beans, black eyed peas, corn, tomatoes, red onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, avocado, and cilantro in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, honey, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the bean mixture and toss gently to coat.
Serve with chips as an appetizer or serve with lettuce or rice for a meal.
If you like it spicy, dice the jalapeno with the seeds.
Recipe provided by Make Your Meals