This easy Instant Pot Pork Chops recipe is one of our favorite weeknight meals. Moist and tender, boneless pork chops cooked in a delicious honey garlic glaze.
But what we really like about this recipe is that it is ready eat in under 30 minutes. And yes, that includes the time that it takes from start to finish. And who couldn’t use a recipe like that?
After posting our pork chops and potatoes recipe, we received a lot of requests for more pork chops recipes.
This cut of meat is inexpensive and the flavor that it takes on really comes from whatever you seasoning you use.
So when I decided to make pork chops in my Instant Pot 6 quart Duo, I searched in the cupboard to see what I had on hand.
I had just made Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs, therefore the honey was still sitting in the front of my pantry.
So I decided, why not make Honey Garlic Pork Chops!
Instant Pot Pork Chops Recipe
This recipe starts with boneless pork chops that are about 1 inch thick. The thickness is important because it will impact the cook time.
Pork chops cook extremely fast in the Instant Pot. As the pot is coming to pressure the pork chops already begin to cook. Therefore, the actual programmable cook time for this recipe is only 3 minutes.
However, if you have super thin pork chops, you can reduce the cook time to just 1 minute. And yes. that is plenty of time for the pork chops to cook to the required internal temperature of 145°F.
And if you have thicker pork chops, or bone in pork chops, you will need to increase the cook time by 1-2 minutes.
But before you can set the cook time and walk away, there are a few steps to do first.
Start by pushing the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot. Add the oil and wait until the front display reads HOT.
Then add your seasoned pork chops to the pot and let them brown on each side.
Remove them and add the butter to the pot. As the butter melts, deglaze the bottom of the pot by scraping it with a wooden spatula until all the brown bits are loose.
Then add in the garlic and press CANCEL. The pot will still be hot enough for the garlic to become aromatic but not burn.
Next pour in the honey, chicken stock and vinegar and whisk until incorporated. The honey will give the pork chops a nice sweet flavor and will compliment the garlic perfectly.
And the vinegar will help break down the fibers of the pork chops to make them nice and tender.
Place the pork chops back in the Instant Pot and lock the lid in place. Move the valve to SEALING and pressure cook/manual on HIGH pressure for 3 minutes.
*Remember to adjust the cook time as stated above.
Once the cook time is up, let the pot Natural Pressure Release for 10 minutes. Then release any remaining pressure.
Remove the pork chops and pour a little of the honey garlic liquid on top.
If you want a thicker glaze on top, add a tablespoon of cornstarch to the liquid and saute until the sauce thickens to a gravy like consistency.
We like to serve these Instant Pot Pork Chops with garlic butter smashed potatoes!
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list located on the side and bottom of each recipe. You can also follow us on Facebook and Pinterest. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you.
- 4 pork chops, boneless, 3/4-1 inch thick
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Place the Instant Pot on Saute Mode and add the olive oil.
- Season the pork chops with salt, pepper and garlic powder. When the display on the Instant Pot reads HOT, add the pork chops and sear on both sides for approximately 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer the pork chops to a plate and set aside.
- Add the butter and deglaze the bottom of the pan.
- Add the garlic and saute for about 30 seconds. Press Cancel.
- Pour in the water, honey and vinegar and whisk until incorporated.
- Add the pork chops back into the pan and lock the lid in place with the vent in the Sealing position. Pressure cook/Manual on HIGH pressure for 3 minutes. When the cook time expires, allow the pot to Natural Pressure Release for 10 minutes.
- Release any remaining pressure and remove the lid.
- Serve immediately.
Serve with vegetables, potatoes or over rice.
Recipe provided by Make Your Meals
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g